Members projector retrofits

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Hindsight forgot to drill the hole to pass the wires through after I had painted so had to break out a detail brush to get the white plastic off the black. I may have to do some minor modification in the back later on, but I wont know till I get mount them up and start the aligning process.

Looking good man you gonna paint the shrouds as well?
Probably not. Unless the "chrome" starts to rub off pretty badly. I have one shroud that started to rub off slightly, not really crazy noticeable. The other is 100% intact. I took a lot of care not to touch them with my bare hands, and gripping them from the inside. But still seems to have rubbed a bit,

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
That's weird. I handled my shrouds all over with bare hands and multiple times and never had any defects apart other than scratches.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Mounce said:
That's weird. I handled my shrouds all over with bare hands and multiple times and never had any defects apart other than scratches.
Yeah. This one seemed to rub off pretty quickly. The other was handled just as much and its 100%. I did send TRS a picture of it. Not really expecting anything, but more like hey this happened.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
triz said:
Working on my clear corners.
attachicon.gif
IMG_20150531_212916.jpg

Contrary to what my brain was telling me and advice to stay clear of. I did them anyway. I just wanted to something special for my first retro.
attachicon.gif
20150606_235145.jpg

attachicon.gif
20150606_235252.jpg
What is the issue woth the strips? The heat from the hid cooks the led panels I guess?

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
littleblazer said:
What is the issue woth the strips? The heat from the hid cooks the led panels I guess?
What are you talking about? What strips? I'm lost on your post lol

Dur, I figured it out lol.

Really no issue that I've heard of unless you have them in the path of light because it literally cooks them (blckshdw has a pic of such).

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mounce said:
What are you talking about? What strips? I'm lost on your post lol
The leds inside the shroud for the demon eyes I suppose? I know that isn't reccomended.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
littleblazer said:
Yes. At least from the older style LEDs. I think the problem is that some of the LEDs fail over time and start to look like crap.

These are the XCs that come in different size rings. I mounted them on the inside of the shroud. If they start to fail, the chances of me opening the lights up to replace them is going to be pretty slim. It took some modifying to the shroud and projector assembly to get them in there. Proud of myself for that one.

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Check my edit lol. I'm dumb.

But really never heard of an issue other than Carlton had some get cooked from the HIDs. I've got a strip running a circle around the inside of my shrouds and haven't noticed a problem yet.

Cob halos though, stay away from them.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got you. So they're the halos sized small.

They look great by the way.

Saw the correction. Sorry, I was a little vague.

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The cob halos issues are that they can't stand heat at all. Thus, you have to wire them so that they're never on when the HIDs are, and even then if you're as lucky as me, you'll still have one mess up. :suicide: It's not completely out but about a centimeter is. CCFL is the answer in my book lol. Not gonna try cob halos again.

Reactions: littleblazer

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
How is the output for those projectors? Similar to the circle lenses you have?

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Smitty did those bake apart? Ive bought so many sets of envoy lights and still haven't found any that are butyl

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Still haven't been able to find a single person who's done a retro on Rainier lights. Love to see a set. Guess I'll be the 1st when I get to them.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Eagle Eyes are all butyl sealed. Depo has been for other cars also, not sure about their GMT360 lights.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Depo is what I used for the lt lights but when I bought a set of depos for the voy they ended up being vision brand just like the other three sets I bought

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Seller sent you wrong stuff then.

Vision is permasealed like OEM. Sucks! Never buying them again if I'm going to do a retrofit. Bought some to redo my retrofit, saw they were permasealed, and gave them to Kyle instead lol.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Ya I wasn't very happy when I got them and when you ask any vendor about their product they seem to have no idea about it or refuse to give you any information I guess that just seems silly too me

Reactions: triz

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Vision isn't perma, but it's not reuseable. You just need to heat it up enough and work quickly. I had a vision set open in less than an hour today with no cutting. But if you're looking for eagle eyes, visit headlightsdepot.com. their cheapest options are eagle eyes and they ship quick.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I have to get the passengers side cutoff straightened out. The curve bothers me.
20150613_235129.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Got some color in that cutoff. [emoji2]
uploadfromtaptalk1434576197887.jpg

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online