May NorthWest Meet

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Seems to be an interest in a May meet, withdrawals after the April meet alrighty?

Here's the thread to get that fix started!:wootwoot:

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'm down for a May meet. Just have to figure out a weekend that way i can get the time off. I would prefer the 19th or the 26th.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I agree, I know a lot of people will be out of town Memorial Day weekend (Ill be in Coeur d'Alene, havent missed a year in at least 15 years. Mini-meet Craig?).

The 19/20th sounds good to me, should have the SS all pretty and shining by then (fingers crossed).

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
+1 for the 19th

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well looks like the weekend of the 19th is the best. I'll put my request in at work to get it off. :biggrin:

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
+1 for the 19th Should be able to make it and with more of us there should be easier to install the HIDs / DRL killer/ Quad beam kits lol

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
So now that we have the 19th locked, where do you think we should do the meet this time? I'm thinking by a lake, river, ocean that way we can get some awesome pics??? Just throwing some ideas around.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Im up for wherever, with my new job I take the bus to work so Im up to actually get out and drive the SS on the weekends. Ya know, to keep the fluids circulated and everything. :rotfl::cool:

That said, I should have the 02 back with me in Seattle either this weekend if my brother comes all the way home or next if I meet him in Spokane. So, anyone know how to drive 2 trucks to a meet? This is a dilemma Ive struggled with for 3 years now haha!

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Im up for wherever, with my new job I take the bus to work so Im up to actually get out and drive the SS on the weekends. Ya know, to keep the fluids circulated and everything. :rotfl::cool:

That said, I should have the 02 back with me in Seattle either this weekend if my brother comes all the way home or next if I meet him in Spokane. So, anyone know how to drive 2 trucks to a meet? This is a dilemma Ive struggled with for 3 years now haha!

Congrats on the Job:celebrate:

As far as bringing both: Uhaul tow dolly, or Auto transport.

Attachments

• TowDollyLarge.jpg
    TowDollyLarge.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 29
  • AutoTransportLarge.jpg
    AutoTransportLarge.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 29

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Or find/recruit/enslave a second driver....

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
kardain said:
Or find/recruit/enslave a second driver....

That's it :lightbulb:

There are some Mayday protestors saying they want a job, you could employee one of them. Although you would need them to sign something that forbides them from throwing rock's through vehicle windows.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
So now that we have the 19th locked, where do you think we should do the meet this time? I'm thinking by a lake, river, ocean that way we can get some awesome pics??? Just throwing some ideas around.

Ocean shores would be cool, but I know that is one heck of a drive for a lot of you guys. Maybe save that for a summer trip? Could get some cool photos like these :smile:

263134_10150219610354634_526399633_6909029_5313209_n.jpg

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
We should do like a weekend getaway overnight to Ocean Shores this summer, that'd be fun to do! Meet at like 8 or 9am in Seattle, then caravan out there, cook a big dinner, spend Sat night, cook breakfast/brunch, then everyone heads home.

Jeff, thanks bud!

Ive got a buddy with a car trailer, if I really need to I can do that. Usually I just wrangle my dad into tagging along, he likes to chat up Bill (Blade)!

We've done Lake Sammamish State Park before, lots of parking and picnic areas. No real good spot right on the water to take pics though.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
We should do like a weekend getaway overnight to Ocean Shores this summer, that'd be fun to do! Meet at like 8 or 9am in Seattle, then caravan out there, cook a big dinner, spend Sat night, cook breakfast/brunch, then everyone heads home.

I just wrangle my dad into tagging along, he likes to chat up Bill (Blade)

And I'll bring Diane .... Lets get r done!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Lake Sammamish was a decent spot. Not sure if everyone would want to drive that far. But I really don't care where we meet. Haha

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Depending on how the next week goes, I may not be able to make it. I have a shoot down in Auburn that weekend, potentially both days. The only way I could justify it is if it is south of me (like Lake Sammamish or Marymoor Park) that I could do on the way down, not stay the whole time but at least come by. By all means please don't change it for me!! I just wanted to put it out there my vote is for that vicinity :smile: plus I've never really been around the lake minus driving to krispy kream in issaquah haha

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ok this meet is Saturday and we dont have a place set in stone yet! Craigs coming out from Spokane and Bill will be coming down from Vancouver, wootown whats your weekend looking like? I was hoping we could offroad a little bit after the meet, but sounds like that might have to wait until next time.

Side note, got the best mileage Ive ever gotten between Seattle and Spokane last night, set cruise at 75-76 the whole way (except over the pass with construction) then 65 through Bellevue/Seattle and got 17.9mpg. Ill take it! Those efans are good for an extra mpg apparently, plus a few trans tune tweaks...:lipsrsealed:

Quick role call:

1) ScarabEpic22 (Erik)
2) FlyingFischer (Craig)
3) Blade (Bill)
4)

OK, just got a PM from an SS guy from TBSSOwners that has a meet already setup on Saturday down in Lakewood, WA with a few guys showing up already. They're meeting at Ft. Steilacoom Park in Lakewood, WA off of Steilacoom Blvd at noon on Saturday.

Do you guys want to join their meet? Im pretty tempted myself, if theres another group of TB guys down there I want to join forces so we can get bigger meets going in the future.

I do realize this makes the drive a lot longer for Bill though...

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Ok this meet is Saturday and we dont have a place set in stone yet! Craigs coming out from Spokane and Bill will be coming down from Vancouver, wootown whats your weekend looking like? I was hoping we could offroad a little bit after the meet, but sounds like that might have to wait until next time.

Side note, got the best mileage Ive ever gotten between Seattle and Spokane last night, set cruise at 75-76 the whole way (except over the pass with construction) then 65 through Bellevue/Seattle and got 17.9mpg. Ill take it! Those efans are good for an extra mpg apparently, plus a few trans tune tweaks...:lipsrsealed:

Quick role call:

1) ScarabEpic22 (Erik)
2) FlyingFischer (Craig)
3) Blade (Bill)
4)

OK, just got a PM from an SS guy from TBSSOwners that has a meet already setup on Saturday down in Lakewood, WA with a few guys showing up already. They're meeting at Ft. Steilacoom Park in Lakewood, WA off of Steilacoom Blvd at noon on Saturday.

Do you guys want to join their meet? Im pretty tempted myself, if theres another group of TB guys down there I want to join forces so we can get bigger meets going in the future.

I do realize this makes the drive a lot longer for Bill though...

Ya with the border traffic and line ups at about an hour, it really makes it a marathon drive for a one day turnaround. Although on New Years Eve we partied until 4 am after the Tulalip Meet :undecided:

But numbers are cool so It would be a good thing as long as the SS guys :cool: are accepting.

I'm gong to play on my bike for awhile ...... I'll check in!

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
I would love to do a join meet but there is no way I would be able to make it down to Lakewood. I am already driving down to Auburn the next day hahaha gotta save on the gas when I can!!

I will be in Seattle 9am-10pm now for a different shoot, so what about meeting at Magnusen Park? It's pretty easy to get to from I-5. Im still open to anything. I just won't be able to make the Lakewood this time :smile: I have made every other meet so don't worry about me if I need to sit this one out.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Ha I live off of Sandpoint way, Magnuson is my home boat launch and less than 10min from my house.

Im planning on heading down to the meet in Lakewood at noon on Saturday, Craig's gonna get roped into going whether he likes it or not :smile:biggrin: you're the best buddy). Already cleared it with the guy organizing this other meet, he just wanted to get the word out about the SSs meeting and is more than happy to have anyone/everyone who wants to go.

Danyelle, is that on Saturday?
And no, you havent made it to every other meet, New Years was the last one I went to and you werent there! :raspberry:

That said, Magnuson is close enough to my house that Craig and I could stop by for a bit whenever works for you and hang out for a bit.

David B.

Dec 5, 2011
I could possibly swing by Magnuson Park, but I won't be able to make it down to Lakewood. No turkey hunting this month :smile:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
once a location is decided, I'm in...

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
Ha I live off of Sandpoint way, Magnuson is my home boat launch and less than 10min from my house.

Im planning on heading down to the meet in Lakewood at noon on Saturday, Craig's gonna get roped into going whether he likes it or not :smile:biggrin: you're the best buddy). Already cleared it with the guy organizing this other meet, he just wanted to get the word out about the SSs meeting and is more than happy to have anyone/everyone who wants to go.

Danyelle, is that on Saturday?
And no, you havent made it to every other meet, New Years was the last one I went to and you werent there! :raspberry:

That said, Magnuson is close enough to my house that Craig and I could stop by for a bit whenever works for you and hang out for a bit.

I think that is about 45 min from Tulalip? As long as she is willing to get out of bed early enough that might work for us! :thumbsup:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
David B. said:
I could possibly swing by Magnuson Park, but I won't be able to make it down to Lakewood. No turkey hunting this month :smile:

Cool!

Blade said:
I think that is about 45 min from Tulalip? As long as she is willing to get out of bed early enough that might work for us! :thumbsup:

Yep, it took me 45min to get to Tulalip for the New Years meet.

I think the only thing is it'd have to be in the afternoon on Saturday (Lakewood meet is at noon) unless anyone wants to meet on Sunday at whatever time.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
My photoshoot's location got switched and so did the time to 10am in Redmond.... so no meet Saturday for me :frown: next time!

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
wootown22 said:
My photoshoot's location got switched and so did the time to 10am in Redmond.... so no meet Saturday for me :frown: next time!

Gotcha, well since a few of us are going to Lakewood on Saturday anyway, does anyone want to meet on Sunday in the morning? I know Craig would be up for it before he heads back to Spokane.

Thoughts?

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
I could come by for an hour or so on sunday sometime between 10 and noon, I will be in seattle for a shoot 9-10ish. then I am taking some friends up wheeling in duvall at one. Anyone is welcome to come, just know we are a very loud bunch of people ranging from 16-22 hahaha :smile: I still need to find a second rig to go up with.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Well Ive got the 02 back in Seattle, we could swing by my house on our way from Magnuson to Duvall and pick it up and drop the SS off. Have to see what Craigs plan is on Sunday though, got another friend who's in town from San Jose for the weekend so not sure what exactly is going on.

wootown, Ill PM you my cell # and then you can just text me when you're leaving your shoot on Sunday am. Give Craig and I 15min heads up and we'll meet you at Magnuson.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Ok so you guys are doing Lakewood with the SS team Saturday, and then a mini one Sunday morning at Magnuson? David could you make that? Lets shoot for 11am... that should give me plenty of time for my shoot. :wootwoot:

Anyone who wants to come wheeling Sunday can! :smile:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
wootown22 said:
Ok so you guys are doing Lakewood with the SS team Saturday, and then a mini one Sunday morning at Magnuson? David could you make that? Lets shoot for 11am... that should give me plenty of time for my shoot. :wootwoot:

Anyone who wants to come wheeling Sunday can! :smile:

Thats what Im thinking, Ive already committed to the Lakewood SS meet (and so is Craig by default, surprised he hasnt started defending himself yet :raspberry:) so I figure why not make a weekend out of it.

I like 11, gives us enough time to get up in the morning.

David B.

Dec 5, 2011
At this point I'm good for that- I have to show a house in Lake Stevens at 1:00, so I should have time to at least say hello!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'm in for anything and everything. I probably won't be back for a while(very busy summer) so the more I can do and more people I can meet up with while I'm over there the better. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
OK so now its Sunday. I think we can make that. Is Tony going to be around?

Border line up should be better. Maybe Dean will show up too. There is a big swap meet going on this weekend?

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Did someone say wheelin? :biggrin:

Seriously, I'd be up there this weekend except there is a Toyota in pieces in my driveway. (UPGRADES!)

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Bring the blazer! Super easy stuff compared to what you used to do with it!! :biggrin:

Im sure we will have plenty more opportunities in the summer!

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
I've got one weekend left to work on the Toyota before I go to the Memorial Day trip or I would.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Got back around 5 from the meet down in Lakewood, apparently there are a bunch of TBSS owners down there!

For tomorrow at 11am, lets meet in the parking lot right inside the main gate at Magnuson. Its on 74th St. NE and a close address is 7400 Sand Point Way NE # 105, Seattle, WA 98115. Look at Google Maps for that address, should be in the middle of a parking lot. Or use these coordinates, the parking lot is directly south of them. 47.681753,-122.260097

See everyone tomorrow!:thumbsup:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds great! See you then. Eric you still up to do wheeling??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online