Master cylinder to ABS module lines

BaconBandage

Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
NE Mass
2005 4.2 SWB 4WD.

First off- sorry if this has been discussed, couldn't find anything. So I had gone to wally world to get a set of tires mounted for my G8. Went to leave, brake pedal went straight to the floor :Banghead:. Had a slow ride home, about 12 miles on a nice dark rainy night. The culprit is the line that goes from the master (front port) down to the ABS module. Are both lines the same? I'm seeing PN 15104867 and it looks right, but the wording of the description is a bit confusing. Just glad the lines go in the end of the ABS module on mine and not the top- those look like a nightmare! TIA!

BaconBandage

Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
NE Mass
Well, looks like the above PN is for the line that connects closer to the firewall- the one that I need is PN 15104866. Which is of course, discontinued. I'll have to take another look and see if the "wrong" line will work.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's the unfortunate thing about an old discontinued model, some dealer only parts are NLA. Maybe one can be fabricated. I know those lines have a rubber/metal sheathed portion of it but maybe you can use a regular metal line and like in the old days, have a coiled metal part of that line to allow for flexing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online