MarkMC Lift Question

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I was getting the 2.5" MC lift put on my 04 XUV and my mechanic said that the front struts were to short. Has anyone else had this problem and do you need after market struts?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Perhaps the mechanic didn't realize you have to compress the springs an EXTRA amount to install the spacers. Sometimes if you don't put on the compressors on the absolute farthest coils, you can't compress it enough to get the spacer in before the coils all touch.

Is the vehicle still on the mechanic's lift or something?

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I took it in a few weeks ago and just got around to doing some research. What struts do you guys recommend to replace the factory ones with? I was thinking about replacing them anyways.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Most of us are running the Bilstein HD's Trailblazer/Envoy replacement: F4-BE5-A333-H0

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Thanks for the help guys. Switching to GMT is already paying off. :2thumbsup:

mika

Dec 6, 2011
QUOTE=the roadie;13976]Perhaps the mechanic didn't realize you have to compress the springs an EXTRA amount to install the spacers. Sometimes if you don't put on the compressors on the absolute farthest coils, you can't compress it enough to get the spacer in before the coils all touch.

Is the vehicle still on the mechanic's lift or something?[/QUOTE]

:iagree: roadie is right, I just did this job a couple a weeks ago, you really have to compress the coils to fit the new spacers, I can just imagine compressing for a 3" lift!! I didn't change my shocks though, with the extra compression in the springs it's like it gave alittle more life to them, besides I took the whole thing apart once, next time will be a breeze, I am sure 2 - 2/12 hours max I could have the both sides done.:thumbsup:

Joe_Coach

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I have also heard of people putting Z71 stuff on the rear. What does that require?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher