Many thanks to GMT Nation

NORMANBD

Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
CHESAPEAKE, VA
I have a 2005 Envoy XL SLT 4X4 with the 5.3 V8. The motor has 210,000 miles on it but about a year after owning it, and googling my VIN#, i found out that it was previously advertised for sale the next city over and the sales add claims that it had a brand new motor installed at 40K miles (pretty interesting). Fast forward a year to now, and through you guys i have rebuilt all front/rear suspension parts, added a lift in the front and rear, installed wheel spacers, deleted the muffler and resognator and ran a glass pack, changed/flush all fluids, changed plugs and wires (learned to never buy Advance Auto brand wires, took me a week and changing all engine sensors, to find out that they dont work so well and went with the MSD brand and it ran smoother than ever). This is my first time posting, as i actually became a member this week. This site has a ton of knowledge and experience, unlike the other site i originally use to use. My next ventures, when i get back from deployment, will be a PCM tune from lime-swap and a transmission shift kit along with throwing around the idea of a CAI and troubleshooting some minor issues (small oil leak, front differential/disconnect rebuild, high idle while at a red light, etc...) Thanks again for all the help, knowledge and experience. I know that if i have any issues, i can come here and get quick, honest and accurate info.

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Välkommen

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the Nation! Lots of info and great people here.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Welcome! :tiphat:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ah, I see our mod bug infected you early muahahaha :satan:

Welcome!

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Welcome to the Nation :tiphat:

Great info all around. Spend some time just searching through the thread topics and you'll see that just about everything imaginable is covered.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online