Man sees Tesla repair estimate. Blows up his Tesla in protest.

azswiss

Original poster
May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Initially, this guy's Tesla Model S was a blast to drive. Soon, however, he starts getting a lot of codes. He takes it to the Tesla authorized shop for diagnosis & repair. Ultimately, he is told that he needs to a new battery. And, oh by the way, it will not be covered under warranty. Estimated cost: 20K Euro's. He decides he has had enough . . .

Man sees Tesla repair estimate. Blows up his Tesla in protest
(Edit: Link repaired & now functional. Thanks Mooseman!)

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
i don't know what happened with your link but here it is.

Of course it was crazy Finns (My wife is part-Finnish :biggrin: )

mudpaws672

Mar 17, 2021
Long Island, NY
Initially, this guy's Tesla Model S was a blast to drive. Soon, however, he starts getting a lot of codes. He takes it to the Tesla authorized shop for diagnosis & repair. Ultimately, he is told that he needs to a new battery. And, oh by the way, it will not be covered under warranty. Estimated cost: 20K Euro's. He decides he has had enough . . .

Man sees Tesla repair estimate. Blows up his Tesla in protest
(Edit: Link repaired & now functional. Thanks Mooseman!)

View attachment 102545
What a big dummy! Not only would I not have done this, I wouldn’t ADVERTISE it!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What a big dummy! Not only would I not have done this, I wouldn’t ADVERTISE it!!!
Why not? What better way to show how worthless this thing is if it breaks. And nobody will buy it neither.

And since Tesla are not allowing anyone to work on them but themselves, that drives the cost even higher. I doubt they'll let Dorman make aftermarket batteries for them.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Knee jerk reaction, says that's crazy, until I look more at the value involved. For kicks, KBB lists a fair condition (because it has issues to fix) base model S in my area with 50K miles for about $31K. According to that article, it needed at least a new battery pack at $22K. You can't sell it, cuz nobody else is gonna want that headache, and if there's more stuff that needed to be fixed on top of the battery pack, you might as well go buy another one that runs. :twocents:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Crap!...That thing would have dropped right onto an old Blazer frame...( BLAZLA )

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest