Making A "Mad Dash" to Get a Replacement Top Dash Cover

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Arguably... The only thing wrong that I have found since making the purchase of my Indigo Blue 2000 Chevrolet Silverado... has been the realization that the Upper Dash Board had a very deep sag in the middle running the length of the dash panel. And after taking a peek underneath the fairly nice, Charcoal colored "carpet" cover... I found that the critical evidence of the large fractured out pieces of the OEM dash laying underneath. I put this off for a while until I finally had the occasion yesterday to actually NEED to drive the "Toy" I got with only 76,600 + miles on it... having added very few since... and heard the unmistakable and very irritating "Dash Rattle" that is part and parcel to the damage done to it by being exposed to Florida Sunshine.

I scouted "The Internets" for a suitable $150-ish vinyl skin cover to work its magic of cover and concealment... but there are none available for the full size trucks that feature the Dash Handle on the passenger facing side of the cab. I bounced to eBay and could only locate very skimpy results that were waaaay too much money to throw at any cosmetic problem... and lucked out in locating THIS one for $275.00 with Free S&H. They have only one more of these available... so if you have a similar need... this might be the best OEM solution available... but don't wait too long... or just like this one... yours will be long gone:

Last One....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-06-CH...393839?hash=item4b457d686f:g:fUMAAOSwSK1bFe1p

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600A.jpg s-l1600B.jpg s-l1600C.jpg s-l1600D.jpg s-l1600E.jpg s-l1600F.jpg s-l1600G.jpg s-l1600H.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRRSM

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Just an update on this opportunity... there IS a another of these Dash Panels available that is even more complete... with the Handle and Air Vent Boxes included on eBay ...and for less money as well if you are in the need for this item. The attached Youtube video is The Best Instructional to be found that; in a very straightforward manner, tells how the job gets done with little fanfare:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2002-...itm=253681104137&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1