Major coolant leak

Smiley

Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
My 2004 trailblazer has a major leak running down the side of muffler , I have no heat and over heats quickly, it's hardto see where it's coming from, please help

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The muffler? At the back of the truck? Or the Catalytic Converter near the firewall?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Heater hose. Prob leaking near the connection at the firewall.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mine was leaking during the winter and I have no garage so I had a shop fix it. I wasn't about to freeze myself in the snow trying to get to them.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So if you are looking at the passenger side of the engine, it appears those hoses are right near the top of the firewall, inbetween the AC can, and engine.

The other forum members may be able to help a bit more on the next question.. But looking around online, it appears that these hoses might be the quick disconnects, did they really use these on these hoses?

This video might help some..
Youtube

If you have the EXT model, you might also have a cracked coolant diverter valve.

Smiley

Original poster
Feb 14, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
So if you are looking at the passenger side of the engine, it appears those hoses are right near the top of the firewall, inbetween the AC can, and engine.

The other forum members may be able to help a bit more on the next question.. But looking around online, it appears that these hoses might be the quick disconnects, did they really use these on these hoses?

This video might help some..
Youtube

If you have the EXT model, you might also have a cracked coolant diverter valve.
Omg you're absolutely right, I forgot about the valve, thank you for your time 😎

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online