Ly6 6.0 swap instead of 5.3 on 2003 envoy xl

ImmortalTechnique

Original poster
Nov 26, 2018
Michigan
Ly6 6.0 swap many are going to ask why and it’s just where I’m at atm no going back. I’m still new to the truck platform but I have swapped an ls3 into my fourth gen 3-4 years ago
•I understand that I have to delete vvt (going with btr stage 2 cam,
•ls3 blue springs (I read somewhere the 0821 heads and ls3 heads have similar specs on springs?),
• 3 bolt style cam gear (x1 style like 2006 gto style with ly6 cam sensor double checked part # they are all the same).
•what about the timing chain dampener I imagine they are all the same ?
•will be changing out my reluctwr wheel to a x24 (local shop charges about 60-100 bucks)
•using the 2003 enjoy style oil pan and all serpentine stuff.
•Can I use the ly6 crank pulley since it’s brand new ? (If not i have he lm7 crank pulley) anyone have the specs for the snout ?
•map sensor is a 3bar on ly6 so I’m hoping a tune will take care of that
•knock sensors on side of block will be getting an extension harness and have the ecm tuned for it.
•pcm will be tuned
• oil pressure sending unit from lm7
Main issues I will have to tackle during this build:
• fuel rail on ly6 is a returnless style what can I do ? Can I use the corvette style fuel filter with return line on it or does someone sell a return style fuel rail for the ly6?
•2003 envoy have the regulator on the fuel rails (do I have any way around this) maybe instal a fitting on the ly6 intake or maybe install an fbody style fuel pump in tank ughh🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
•would the ly6 throttle body work if tuned for it or would I have to get some kind of adapter plate to get the lm7 TB to work ?
Thank guys will upload more info and pictures once I get the chance

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online