LS Fog Light Hole Grilles

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hey guys- cross-posting this from 'some other site':

Since the I bought my truck, one of the pet peeves I had with it was the cheap looking BS that they cast into the LS bumpers where the fog lights went. I never understood the thought process behind tooling up two different bumper shells just due to a fog light option.

Anyhow. Before I decided to pursue the fog light bracket deal (which is taking a bit longer than I'd like) I had my stainless guys make me up some fog light hole grilles that would match the front grille pattern as closely as we could.

Here's the cheap, ugly bars we're going to jettison to the landfill.

wergwerg.jpg

Since there was going to be about a quarter of an inch around the bars where there was nice, flat, painted space, I figured that would be the best place to mount them.

egtrh.jpg

I left as much material there as possible to begin with, then test fitted the grilles and filed down what was left and visible through the grilles. How are they held on? 3M two sided tape works wonders, but prep is the key.

asfv.jpg

After a couple coats of self etching primer, some semi-gloss black, and a bit of dry time, I prepped the places where the tape was going to stick by using wax and grease remover, then a little brake clean on the corner of a rag. Heat is the key with 2 sided tape, so both pieces were heated up before sticking them on. Final product below.

dngbv.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. It's been over a week with them on and I don't see them coming off even with the relatively small amount of 3M tape holding them on. Been through rain, cold, highway, etc. Not bad for a 30 dollar investment and about an hour for install. Really helps the front end out. I can get more of these if anyone is interested, they'll be available in 304 stainless, or sanded paintable 430 stainless. Let me know what you guys think.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
Goes good with the grille. :thumbsup:

I had them get as close as possible to the stock grille layout. I'd say it's turned out better than planned.

I like these so much that I decided not to install fogs. For now.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
If anyone is interested in getting these, let me know. I've got 5 sets of paintable stainless ready next week. 35 shipped for the pair.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I've got 5 sets of these ready to go if anyone is interested. 35 shipped. PM me for details.

jrthomas05

Aug 20, 2012
have you thought about making a grill that would go on the lower bumper like the ss with fogs. i was thinking of modding a factory ss lower grill to fit as close as i could haven't seen anyone do it yet. rather have something that sets my truck off then just doing the factory style with the brackets that everyone's doing.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just a little update. It's been well over 6 months now, no issues. Still holding strong even in Wisconsin winters.

++++++ I have three sets of these left and then it's history without a pre-order. ++++++

Still the same cost. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Diezelbonez

Mar 10, 2013
groundshock said:
Just a little update. It's been well over 6 months now, no issues. Still holding strong even in Wisconsin winters.

++++++ I have three sets of these left and then it's history without a pre-order. ++++++

Still the same cost. Let me know if anyone is interested.

PM sent I want one set.

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
I know its been a while but do you still have any of these? I sent a PM as well.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The OP hasn't been back on the forum in about 2 and a half years, so you may be out of luck :frown:

Reactions: dmanns67

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

jason43080

Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham
I may try to fabricate something similar myself but the ones he had looked really nice, very professional. I don't have the tools or knowledge to make something as good as what he was making. I currently have the fog lights in mine so the bumper is already cut. My TB is also black so I have nothing to paint AND it is/was already black. I would really love a set of those or something very similar, though!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I had some in my LS bumper without cutting.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
5 years since that plastic bumper has bben on the truck, but thanks. It was different with the metallic flake green on the bumpers and rack and orange in other spots.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.