lowering question

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
I'm looking to lower my 03 and I have a couple of questions.
1: Are there any adjustable coilovers for our trucks. Or really any way to achieve adjustable suspension without dropping 1500+ for bags or hydro's.
2: Failing adjustable, what are some brands you guys recommend for a 2/3 drop. I'm looking for an "all inclusive" kit. Meaning I want it all in one package. If I need new controls arms to correct camber I would like them to be included.
3: With a 2/3 drop, can I run some wheel adaptors with about 1.5" of poke? I am wanting to get some new rims but I will need to get adaptors for them as they are Silverado b/p. Will be stock size rims and tires so I'm not going to be huge. Just want to know whether I will have to trim the fenders/anything else.

AzTruckGuy

Dec 1, 2015
scottsdale, az
I'm looking to lower my 03 and I have a couple of questions.
1: Are there any adjustable coilovers for our trucks. Or really any way to achieve adjustable suspension without dropping 1500+ for bags or hydro's.
2: Failing adjustable, what are some brands you guys recommend for a 2/3 drop. I'm looking for an "all inclusive" kit. Meaning I want it all in one package. If I need new controls arms to correct camber I would like them to be included.
3: With a 2/3 drop, can I run some wheel adaptors with about 1.5" of poke? I am wanting to get some new rims but I will need to get adaptors for them as they are Silverado b/p. Will be stock size rims and tires so I'm not going to be huge. Just want to know whether I will have to trim the fenders/anything else.

I have dropped my rear 3" so here's my view on what you want to do since I was there at one point myself
1. http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=45 Adjustable coilovers with a 3" rear drop pricey and are you really going to use this suspension for what its made for?
2. This All in one package kit is better alternative and has adjustable fronts from -2 to +2
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=610

They say when you start lowering 1 to 2inches you will need these control arms to correct camber
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=14

3. I run 1.5" Bora spacers on all 4 and my rear is dropped by 3" and they are badass all around and I run a 245/75/16 tire. My front is stock height but even if you dropped you wouldn't have issues unless you start going into the 275+ range in tire size. I run the stock 16" rims.
rear.png front.png

Last edited:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Belltech Kit 795SP will include everything you need man. It's what I have on my rig, although I modified it to drop my truck even lower, 3"/5".

Get an alignment as soon as possible afterwards and pre-inspect your ball joints to see if they're in need of replacing, might as well do that too.

Reactions: Tiggerr

redline customs

Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
northwest arkansas
Thanks for the quick reply. As far as the question about using the suspension, one thing I love the look of a lowered truck, and another is a car club that I am a part of has just scored a deal with fort chaffee once a month for autox. I would like to participate(mostly our club that goes so not really even competitive). Thanks for the links also...
Edit: thanks Capote, you posted while I was writing so I had to edit. You can find kits all day long but I like to see what others with the same truck have and like.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.