Lowering 2in 3in

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Well guys im going to lower Captain Falcon tomorrow. Is there anything i need to know. Ive never done anything like this before.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
What parts did you buy? What installation instructions have you read? Do you have the requisite tools?

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
belltech. 3 in springs for back and lowering struts up front. street proformance shocks. i have a shop with everything i need

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
your ball joint angle will be pretty bad until its accompanied with the Modified A Arms. You could hit some stuff with pb blaster tonight if you have rust. Replace the strut mounts if you can it literally has no downside to do it.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
You'd be surprised how many shops wont install the lowering kit. i called like 5 places where i live. i did get ahold of one but they wanted $450 with the alignment. that more than what i paid for the kit. so i decided to polite pass on them.

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
STLtrailbSS said:
your ball joint angle will be pretty bad until its accompanied with the Modified A Arms. You could hit some stuff with pb blaster tonight if you have rust. Replace the strut mounts if you can it literally has no downside to do it.

Well a downside would be the cost of new strut mounts. What's the upside (honest question not arguing here)?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
You'll need the arms for alignment issues....unless u have the funds to pay for tires every couple months. Do the install yourself..its not all that difficult.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
xtitan1 said:
Well a downside would be the cost of new strut mounts. What's the upside (honest question not arguing here)?

If you look at a strut mount depending on mileage the rubber is eaten up. By replacing while you have the strut off you are killing 2 birds with one stone. You are replacing a part which most likely have some nasty wear existing and doing it while you had to take the part off already....advanced auto coupon code and $40-$50 put them on and don't worry about them.

To original poster do it yourself me and JR have already lowered ours and can answer any questions it's literally some bolts. And a spring compressor. Breaker bar and a 1/2 ratchet if you have air/power tools you just made it even easier.

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
You don't NEED the modified upper control arms with the BellTech drop struts and STOCK springs provided you install the correct supplied spacers.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
STLtrailbSS said:
If you look at a strut mount depending on mileage the rubber is eaten up. By replacing while you have the strut off you are killing 2 birds with one stone. You are replacing a part which most likely have some nasty wear existing and doing it while you had to take the part off already....advanced auto coupon code and $40-$50 put them on and don't worry about them.

To original poster do it yourself me and JR have already lowered ours and can answer any questions it's literally some bolts. And a spring compressor. Breaker bar and a 1/2 ratchet if you have air/power tools you just made it even easier.

yes i have air/power tools. whats a breaker bar? ive seen on tbss the scotts collar install is that the same concept?

and why dont i need jdm modified arms? everywhere ive seen you need them i personally havent purchased them but i will if need be

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Snailblazin';202439 said:
You don't NEED the modified upper control arms with the BellTech drop struts and STOCK springs provided you install the correct supplied spacers.

Title says 2" drop so yes he does.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
bbarker89 said:
If i lower it 1.5? is that going to make a big difference?

U should beable to get an alignment close to spec depending on if the shop knows what they are doing without arms with a 1.5" drop.....but your upper balljoints are gonna be screaming for mercy. The arms not only get your lowered rig in alignment...they also fix the balljoint angle issue that arrives after lowering. If i were u....I'd do it right and buy the arms...its your call. Plus a 2" drop looks a little better than a 1.5" drop

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
jrSS said:
U should beable to get an alignment close to spec depending on if the shop knows what they are doing without arms with a 1.5" drop.....but your upper balljoints are gonna be screaming for mercy. The arms not only get your lowered rig in alignment...they also fix the balljoint angle issue that arrives after lowering. If i were u....I'd do it right and buy the arms...its your call. Plus a 2" drop looks a little better than a 1.5" drop

drop her today. so excited. i guess itll take some time to settle? ill post pics tomorrow in the day time. it took about 5hrs.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
bbarker89 said:
drop her today. so excited. i guess itll take some time to settle? ill post pics tomorrow in the day time. it took about 5hrs.

Awesome!

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Ill post some tomorrow in the day light i might take some night pics but i don't know if it'll capture the pure awesomeness it is

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Here she is guys

Attachments

• 20140111_212157.jpg
    20140111_212157.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20140111_212147.jpg
    20140111_212147.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140111_212122.jpg
    20140111_212122.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140111_212108.jpg
    20140111_212108.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 15

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
jrSS said:
Some nice wheels will set off your new stance.. looks good!!

hahah yeah im working on it. im thinking some 20s. not thinking WANTING 20s. problem is those things arent cheap. im searching on craigslist. but all of them either are too tall or look horrible. but definitely in the market for some

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
to me it seems that the front is still higher than the front. im hoping the more broke in it gets the better it will look. is it just me?

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
bbarker89 said:
yes i have air/power tools. whats a breaker bar? ive seen on tbss the scotts collar install is that the same concept?

and why dont i need jdm modified arms? everywhere ive seen you need them i personally havent purchased them but i will if need be

sorry to get back late

Breaker Bar
View attachment 32014

nice job on the drop

Attachments

• 642504-1-2-dr-flex-handle-breaker-bar.jpg
    642504-1-2-dr-flex-handle-breaker-bar.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 95

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Nice Bro:thumbsup::thumbsup:, let it settle and see if it'll even out. What type of 20's are you going for? Factory tbss, repos or aftermarket?

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
TexazReece said:
Nice Bro:thumbsup::thumbsup:, let it settle and see if it'll even out. What type of 20's are you going for? Factory tbss, repos or aftermarket?

I would love some black repos. But I'm not sure. Whatever is easiest to get my hands on. Aftermarket will probably be my best bet

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
it was a great idea to lower it because i found out my passenger bump stop was completely busted. my upper arm brushing were demolished. so all in all it was a great way to find out i needed to replace these things. I also ordered my modified uppers.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
with my arms will be nice.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online