Lower control arm bracket problem

chopper320

Original poster
Apr 23, 2014
This weekend I’ve been replacing a lot of the front end parts on my 05 trailblazer and I I’ve run into a problem on the drivers side lower control arm bracket.

When putting the new one in, one of the nuts that appear to be welded on the frame that the 3 bolts go into, broke free. I also cross threaded it. I now have the nut out but I’m not sure what I can do. I’ve looked everywhere and I don’t think there is a part number for that nut. The bolt can be bought but I think the nut is considered part of the frame. I also don’t see any way anyone could get in there to weld it back on.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It is part of the frame so it's not available from the dealer. You'll have to go to a fastener supply store to get one or they can get a nut and bolt similar in size you can use instead. Bring your bolt with you. Hopefully you can get access to the top side so you can use a wrench to hold it on top of the frame while tightening it and you'll have to let the alignment shop know about it.

valleyhopper

Apr 1, 2019
Iowa
I was in the process of replacing my lca bracket and the bolt snapped off in the frame what's thd best way to remove it?

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-04-08-20-25-23.png
    Capture+_2019-04-08-20-25-23.png
    275.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Rfritz7447

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had the front bolt do the same to me. I had to torch the head off and get a nut and bolt to replace them.

Reactions: Rfritz7447

Rfritz7447

Mar 31, 2021
Michigan
Does anyone know the size of the nut welded on the frame. Mine came off but its not stripped. If there's enough room I'm pretty sure I can get a wrench in there.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Post #22 & Post #25 for the Bolt Specs & Dimensions... and this ENTIRE Thread is worth Reading from End to End:

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online