Low Power Mode

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
Hey guys, 2007 Gmc Envoy 4.2 (84k miles)
The other day I got on the pedal as I was on the on ramp, it started to rev a little and then I heard chimes, engine light, Low Power light, and i think it was the abs maintenance light(?) came on. Couldnt go more than 35 and it was rough when I let off the gas.

Someone suggested it might be my trans, fluid is nice and clean and red, no slip, slam, changes gears with no problem.
Don't know if it matter but it had a 100rpm drop at idle, not constant but still it did it every now and then.

Thanks

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
I had a code show up for lean fuel bank 1, that doesn't show anymore. I have to go buy a scanner because by the time I get to auto zone the lights off. No pending codes or saved. I know that's not helpful but if there's anything for me to look over I'll do that too

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
When you get reduced engine power (REP), that is usually for a problem with the throttle body and/or the pedal sensor systems. The REP light should be on and a code set. There should be something in memory if the CEL is on.

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
It could b that auto zone uses cheap crappy readers. I'll be looking around for a good one today and let you know what comes up. Thanks for the info

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher