low oil pressure

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
so.. i dont know if this is all coincidental or tied togethor. but better to have more than not enough information. after i got my tb... i replaced the cpas sensor behind ps pump. some time later i replaced the pressure switch above the oilfilter. my tb really liked to go through oil. half qt to whole every month or so. couple months ago it over heated and i had a huge crack in radiator, no clue how it happened.. either way fixed...after that.. the water pump was out again... bad bearing second one i put in since i got it 4 or 5 years ago. week or 2 ago the check engine light starts coming on intermitently. i check codes and it is giving me the 14 code for the cpas again. i am also do for an oil change.

so today i am coming home from town.. in the 90s. i turn and come down the hill to where i live and the check gauges light comes on. and then low oil pressure starts flashing in the display and telling me to shut car off. i parked it..came back out checked fluids..all fine.. checked my scanner only code it gave was for the stupid cpas. i turned it back on and let it run for a min. and only the check engine light for the cpas. any ideas? i dont have the means nor the money to do a lot.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Does it make any noise? If not, quite possible the oil pressure switch has gone bad again, especially if it's aftermarket. It's not too expensive as a first shot in the dark. If that doesn't fix it, then definitely check or have checked actual oil pressure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online