Low oil pressure on DIC, check gauges light and oil pressure gauge is low

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Well... You never know... according to one GMTN Member in this On Topic Thread... He traced his CPAS issues to a wobbly wired CPAS Harness and his Mechanic later spliced in a replacement section... No More P0014 Trouble Code ...and his troubles went away. But I am not sure that this combination of P0014 and P1345 bodes well or spells out a lot of other options...See his comments around Post Message #15....

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/woke-up-today-p1345.1943/

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: mrrsm

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
In post 32 on this thread.
Jan 20, 2018

So I got the D1843A pressure switch.
Put it in. The old switch seemed to be leaking oil, so it was maybe bad anyway.
I immediately got a "low oil pressure" indication. Unplugged it, and the gauge went up and acted normal. Changed with engine speed, which makes sense as this is a fake gauge anyway.
Normal with the switch unplugged? Huh?
looked at some of the associated wiring, nothing obvious.
Plugged it back in, and acts normal.

This vehicle has had intermittent P0014 codes. Same wiring harness.
This is starting to look like a broken or shorted wire in the wiring harness on the engine.

Cleared the codes, the P0014 has returned. I really don't think that code is real.
What should I look into?
Inspect the wiring harness on the engine. The wires seem brittle from age and heat.

I am going to be looking into that wiring. A friend who is an old GM trained dealer mechanic said it was likely to be the connectors.
I just don't think tearing into the engine when the wiring seems to be odd makes sense at all. I don't do anything heroic.
I have no Tech 2, but my friend might have one that has the functions. He has every kind of weird thing to plug in.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The switch is normally closed when there is no oil pressure so of course, unplugging it opens the circuit, making the PCM think oil pressure is fine and giving the fake readings.

The P0014 is now gone and you are now looking at P1345. If you can, get your friend with the Tech 2 to check it all out. You could get the schematics and check the continuity of each wire at the CPAS to the PCM.

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
I had the P0014 yesterday. Clearing it led to another MIL that was the P1345.
I did nothing at all to the truck during that period.
I very much suspect that if I clear the MIL I may have a P0014 again by this afternoon.
So I dunno.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The two are related to each other but the P1345 points more towards the phaser.

Steevo

Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
I know.
A friend has a one of a kind electronic exercisor for that phaser. Made for it. It helps flush it all out by moving it repeatedly. It's a one of a kind tool, the only one in the world. Made for him by another friend.
We may try it next week.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online