low beams (hids)

06whiteenvoydenali

Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
okay so my low beams went out about a week ago and I am trying to figure out what are some common causes. The lows and the fogs are both Hids but the fogs are still fine, before I take it to the shop I was hoping for some advice on a quick check list of trouble shoots. (had the lows and the fogs for about 2 years... corner turn signals still work too) Thanks

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Have you checked the fuse for the low beams? Are you running a relay harness with the hids? If so, does the relay have a fuse? Do your halogen bulbs work?

06whiteenvoydenali

Original poster
Jun 16, 2014
Im not sure which fuse is for the low beams, I was under the impression it was 45 or 46 but I still don't know which fuses those are (location wise). There is no relay harness I think its just ballast to battery...

Black07SS

Jun 17, 2014
That may be the issue, I think you need to run a realy for the low beams with these trucks because of the Daytime runners

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Do you have the 55 watt hids? Is there a relay harness you installed with them? If so almost certainly the relay on that harness is bad. These trucks put out a pwm signal to the daytime running lights and it is basically an alternating current. You need a relay to bypass the daytime running lights, and probably the relay on your hid harness.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Check the headlight relay - common failure, swap with the radiator fan relay (I think it is) to test as they are identical.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove

Members Online