Lost Gauges. Truck died. No OD

Purefection

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I was just driving down the highway when my brake light came on, then all My gauges shutoff. I pulled over and shut the truck off and it would not restart until unhooking the battery. Now the truck will not shift into OD. Bad pcm? I have a loaner pcm in there right now.

Only other thing done to the truck recently is a remote start was installed.

Purefection

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Well from what I've read it is the remote start. Hopefully get it figured tomorrow

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Could be. Some aftermarket electronics like that transmit garbage through the data-bus and screw with the other electronics. Maybe disconnect it and see what happens.

-that's based off of my knowledge of TB's, again.

Reactions: 808_LS_EXT

Purefection

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
Well, truck was doing the same thing this morning then all of a sudden it dropped into od while doing about 80. Working good now

Reactions: Mounce

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Purefection said:
Well, truck was doing the same thing this morning then all of a sudden it dropped into od while doing about 80. Working good now
Is this after removing the remote start, or just a random transition back to normal?

Purefection

Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
IllogicTC said:
Is this after removing the remote start, or just a random transition back to normal?
Just random. Haven't done anything. Checked all fuses and connections. Everything was tight.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online