Loose Wires By Washer Pumps?

EnvoyIA

Original poster
Sep 21, 2019
Iowa
Hello,

I purchased a 2005 GMC envoy about a year ago and at some point my washer front pump stopped working. I got a volt meter and tried testing at the front pump connector and didn't get any voltage when turning it on. I'm still working through that, but I also noticed disconnected wires coming from the line as the washer pumps, one smaller yellow plug and a larger black and white one. I attached pictures of them. They are on the front left as your facing the vehicle and come from the same line as the washer pump plugs, but I can't for figure out where the heck they are supposed to plug in or what they are for. Anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3403.jpg
    IMG_3403.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3404.jpg
    IMG_3404.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 20

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That could be for the headlight washer pump option, which you probably don't have. If you download the manuals from the link in my signature, you could confirm this with the schematics.

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I know this is old, but the yellow small One is the washer fluid level sensor. Its on the side near the bortom.
The other one,not a clue.

LikeEnvoy

Apr 17, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I know this is old, but the yellow small One is the washer fluid level sensor. Its on the side near the bortom.
The other one,not a clue.
My response is even older :smile: -- Yes I can confirm both answers; they are for level switch and headlight washer pump. If you don't have those items on your washer fluid tank then someone before you changed the tank (or changed the wiring harness to one with the connectors).

Reactions: Mooseman and Harpo

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.