Looking to install a Viper 4706v Remote Starter, few questions

John87

Original poster
Nov 16, 2014
I have an '05 TB LT, first question is do I need to buy anything additional to make this work with my TB? Such as a XKLOADER 2 and DBALL 2 bypass module? I ask because after looking up the Viper kit I wanted, I saw the section that says "Frequently bought together" part and these were listed. I want to make this as plug-and-play as possible with minimal cutting and splicing.

Also, it seems that I can program Vipers keyfob to replace my OEM unit, is this true?

Viper 4706v
http://www.amazon.com/Viper-4706v-2-Way-Remote-System/dp/B00HF8O98E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416328598&sr=8-1&keywords=viper+4706v

XKLOADER 2
http://www.amazon.com/Directed-Electronics-Inc-XKLOADER2-XpressKit/dp/B001XTZBHO/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_z

DBALL 2 bypass module
http://www.amazon.com/XpressKit-DBALL2-Databus-Bypass-Module/dp/B00H2PHSY2/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

Thank you for all your help :smile:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yes the remote start will require a bypass/adapter to work with the trucks door locks and factory security system (passlock2). And yeah the viper fob can replace the OEM fob.

Just a heads up there have been many reported doa/early failures of bypass/adapters that were bought online from unauthorized sellers like ebay/amazon. In fact I've seen it so much that I don't let people bring in their own adapters for me to install any more. I go to the local audio shop and pay 100% more then what they go for online and have had 0 issues this way.

I haven't had any issues with remote starts that were bought from unauthorized sellers so you shouldn't have any issues there.

John87

Original poster
Nov 16, 2014
MAY03LT said:
Yes the remote start will require a bypass/adapter to work with the trucks door locks and factory security system (passlock2). And yeah the viper fob can replace the OEM fob.

Just a heads up there have been many reported doa/early failures of bypass/adapters that were bought online from unauthorized sellers like ebay/amazon. In fact I've seen it so much that I don't let people bring in their own adapters for me to install any more. I go to the local audio shop and pay 100% more then what they go for online and have had 0 issues this way.

I haven't had any issues with remote starts that were bought from unauthorized sellers so you shouldn't have any issues there.
Any recommendations on where I should get the bypass? Off hand I know I have a Radio Shack near me. Or preferably an online source that sells quality ones? Any brands you recommend?

Purefection

Oct 23, 2014
Get vats turned off via tune and don't buy a bypass module. Will save you a lot of headache in the end.

The remotes, if you got the ones with the led screen, scratch very easily. Find an eBay protective case for them and buy some screen protectors and cut to fit.

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I have a Fortin bypass for mine, works perfect, only a couple wires to hook up with my ultra start unit.

Purefection

Oct 23, 2014
Have had mine installed for a few months now and it's pretty Meh. It doesn't try long enough to crank the truck when it's cold though, even if the truck is plugged in, it won't start via remote in -20. Starts first turn with the key though. The two remotes don't communicate which is kind of a pain in the a. The battery life on the remotes is crap. The screen scratches insanely easily. It will tell you the truck started even though it didn't. The range is mediocre at best. If there's more than a wall Or two in the way it won't communicate.

I rather the compustar remote over this one.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
I have the viper. I had a shop put it in. 4 years and it works great. One remote broke and they replaced it free.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Same here, I have the Viper 5701 installed a good 5 years ago and still runs good. I have automatic locking activated (when I closed the doors when the keys aren't in the ignition, it arms in 30 seconds and doors lock in 1 minute.)

Bestbuy installed it for me and they did a very good/clean job. They knew all the parts the Envoy needed. All I did was pay the bill. I believe I had to get 2 additional parts to have the Viper work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online