Looking for some new shoes, anyone run the Ecopia?

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I'm always a Michelin fan, but with the prices recently I think I will try something different. Been eyeballing the Bridgestone EL422 Ecopia over the HL Alenza.

Started with the cross-terrains then went with the Latitude tour, the Latitude was quieter but gave me a few white-knuckle rides durig heavy rain. The Ecopia is a fairly new tire and has good reviews, was going to hold out for the LTX MS2 but unfortunately Michelin has dodged our size for now, not looking for a plus-size 255.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
gmcman said:
I'm always a Michelin fan, but with the prices recently I think I will try something different. Been eyeballing the Bridgestone EL422 Ecopia over the HL Alenza.

Started with the cross-terrains then went with the Latitude tour, the Latitude was quieter but gave me a few white-knuckle rides durig heavy rain. The Ecopia is a fairly new tire and has good reviews, was going to hold out for the LTX MS2 but unfortunately Michelin has dodged our size for now, not looking for a plus-size 255.

What size are you looking at? 245/70R16, 245/65R17?

Im not a Michelin fan at all, every tire of theirs Ive had sucks compared to the Bridgestone, Toyo, General, Kumho, etc Ive replaced it with. Cant wait to get them off my Mom's Audi Q5, but its barely got 15k on it so she wont do it.

So you're looking for a highway/all season tire then I assume (and not an All Terrain)? General Grabber HTS have got a lot of good reviews (friend of mine has them on his Rav4, little FWD thing does pretty well in snow too). Ive put a set of Kumho Road Venture APT KL51s on an RX300 and they were great wet and dry (never took it to the mountains so cant comment on snow). Firestone Destination LEs are popular for our trucks too, plus they're available at Firestone Car Care Centers. Those 3 would be my choices for an All Season/Highway tire. Personally Id go with the Generals or Kumhos, the Destination LEs are great but I like the tread pattern and ride the others have. My .02, hope it helps.

Those Ecopia tires look more like a car tire than an SUV one, not sure what the load rating is on them. Something to check out.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
What size are you looking at? 245/70R16, 245/65R17?

Im not a Michelin fan at all, every tire of theirs Ive had sucks compared to the Bridgestone, Toyo, General, Kumho, etc Ive replaced it with. Cant wait to get them off my Mom's Audi Q5, but its barely got 15k on it so she wont do it.

Those Ecopia tires look more like a car tire than an SUV one, not sure what the load rating is on them. Something to check out.

My size is 245/65/17

Man, sorry to hear you had such bad luck with them....guess it could also be vehicle-specific issues. My CT's went 55K and the latitudes went 70K, still have about 1/32 left. I tried some Kumho Ecsta's and took them off at 17K since I lst 2-3 MPG, but there are better Kumhos now.

Load is a factor since I will be towing a tandem-axle trailer at times, the cross-terrains have almost no sidewall compared to some, not the ideal towing tire I have heard but I don't think I will load them up like some have when they had problems.

Here's the Ecopia, it's a Dueller HL sorry, not an AL. Same load capacity as the cross terrains, LTX M/S, also a low rolling resistance tire. I'm actually after the quiet ride the others have given, another option is the Continental LX-20...higher load rating and is the one i'm also contemplating..looks like this one could really be a great tire.

Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia

Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus Technology

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls