looking for pics of lifted envoys

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
As the title states I would like to see pics of your lifted envoys and trailblazers, specs would be great with the pics as well

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Look up Regulator...

He has one badass and sexy off roading Envoy's I have ever seen!!!

But then again I am only slightly partial to Envoy's :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
ad6de943-8908-c40c.jpg

Regs voy and my voy
ad6de943-892d-11e6.jpg

Regs voy while getting front bumper fabbed

You know, looking at the picture of your's and Matt's Envoy's....It's amazing how different and personalized they are. I always thought an Envoy is an Envoy is an Envoy....but looking at that picture it's amazing how different the 2 are.

Sorry had a girly moment there :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
psycho91 said:
How much lift is on it and what size tires

I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's a 3" body and a 3" suspension lift. Tire size..I couldn't tell you lol

If you read available build threads most of them list what size tires and what type tires they have with their lifts.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
State of the art (except for three trucks with solid axle swaps) is 3" body lift, 3" front strut spacer lift, about 4" in the rear with a combination of spacers, Tahoe/Avalanche Z71 springs and Airlift1000 bags.

And state of the art for tires is 35" (6" larger than stock, which gives you 3" additional ground clearance) BUT 35"s tend to break gears, CV shafts and splined disconnects and are difficult to wheel with because of rubbing. 33"s (with 2" additional ground clearance) are the usual target tire size for the typical aggressive offroading.

And you can spend more on bumpers, underbody armor, and recovery gear than you will on lift, wheels, and tires. :eek:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's a 3" body and a 3" suspension lift. Tire size..I couldn't tell you lol

If you read available build threads most of them list what size tires and what type tires they have with their lifts.

He has 33" tires 2.5 suspension and a body lift. he has not upgraded to the 3" body yet.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
I could've swore he has the 3 inch body lift :confused:

He does. He has the 3" body lift but not the 3" suspension. I just called him. Lol. I am an idiot.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sorry, I have been away for a few days. Here are some pictures as requested. The Duke has MarkMC's 2.5" suspension lift and 3" body lift, 87 rated springs in front and z71 springs in the rear. I have the full compliment of armor from BartonMD including a beautiful new bumper. More information can be found on my profile and garage pages.

2011-10-29150119.jpg

DSC_2365.jpg

DSC_2625.jpg

DSC_2586.jpg

and the new bumper:

2012-03-18195433.jpg

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Did you have to upgrade anything cause of so much lift or did you just put the lift and tires on and go, also what size tires you running

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Regulator said:
...More information can be found on my profile and garage pages....

psycho91 said:
...what size tires you running

To view people's profiles, click on their name -> View Profile then hit the "About Me" tab.

But in general, when you add the lift components, typically we also flip the upper control arms to improve ball joint angles, change shocks, change to aftermarket CV shafts to get the benefit of more flexible boots that tend to leak less after the lift (or clamp the OEM ones well using 4" hose clamps) and install underbody armor like a stell or aluminum oil pan skid plate to protect the soft underbelly of the trucks.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
change to aftermarket CV shafts to get the benefit of more flexible boots that tend to leak less after the lift (or clamp the OEM ones well using 4" hose clamps)

My stock boots were far better and the aftermarket ones I had to clamp and are the ones that seem to tear or get holes easier. The last replacement I got came with stock boots and was a reman. It has been great. If they could use the factory material but have the a little more flexy it would be best.

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Well I wont be offroading it, will I still need to replace all that stuff, also I'm only looking to do a 2in body and 2 in suspension lift, what's the Max tire size I could run with 4in of lift

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
psycho91 said:
How come no one runs 31x10.5 tires

Typically a size for 15 inch wheels. Only certain wheels will work. My research on what works is out there for your reading.

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
As the great Roadie would have asked... state your intentions/expectations. These guys can give you every detail you could ever ask for on a 360! A lot of hard work and trial and error went into what they know and have done with them. I personally have never met one of them, but I will say that if they told me the sky was red and that meant to change something on my truck.... I'd DO IT. If you just want the look mostly they can help. If you need more, they CAN help. They put alot into helping us and I hope you can see that in your searching through the nation.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
You could always do the mall crawl look if you don't plan to actually off road in it. Or keep it stock with just bigger more aggressive tires. I plan on doing this, as my truck is both a DD and I use it to spot in, which sometimes requires me to go off-roading.

I don't plan on doing much of a lift. I plan on leveling the ass end and putting more aggressive tires on it, but not aggressive enough to need to really cut anything. I already have Bilstein HD shocks but I want to upgrade my springs and get newer shocks as mine are a bit nasty and slightly worn. So you can get the off-road appearance without actually going full blown off-road modifications.

These guys put a lot of work and a lot of money into their trucks to lift them, but they do it so they can actually go off-roading. Why spend the $$$ if it's not going to be used for what it's for? The look is nice yes I will agree with that, but not really economical to be used as a daily driver. Just my 2 cents!

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
You hit the nail on the head, a mall Crawler is pretty much what I'm looking for, I figured I would raise it 2 inches or level it out with some bigger meats on it, is it possible to level the front out with the back seeing as its higher in the back, I think it would work better that way with the bigger tires, also now that we know I just want the look, I would like to know yalls opinions on this matter

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Most of us off-roaders run our rigs as DDs as well as actually taking them off-road on when we get the chance. If you are going to be a mall crawler then just go with the nerf bars and the bigger tires. Unless you have a definite mission that requires the lift, springs and shocks. And you are willing to lose a significant amount to your gas mileage, we have had enough people complain about how much they wasted on the lift and lost way too much in gas mileage. Even just leveling your ride can decrease your mileage.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
psycho91 said:
Did you have to upgrade anything cause of so much lift or did you just put the lift and tires on and go, also what size tires you running

As The Roadie said, I flipped my upper control arms, upgraded my half shafts, and have replaced ball joints and sway bar links. I also had to cut 3 inches of my fender to fit the tires with out any rubbing. It is a serious comment.

psycho91 said:
You hit the nail on the head, a mall Crawler is pretty much what I'm looking for, I figured I would raise it 2 inches or level it out with some bigger meats on it, is it possible to level the front out with the back seeing as its higher in the back, I think it would work better that way with the bigger tires, also now that we know I just want the look, I would like to know yalls opinions on this matter

Just go with MarkMC's 2.5" suspension lift and an All Terrain set of 31's. Expect to see a drop in MPG, but it shouldn't be to significant.

psycho91

Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Will I have to upgrade anything with the 2.5 lift, will it level it out or will the front still sit lower, can I get a link to the lift

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
psycho91 said:
Will I have to upgrade anything with the 2.5 lift, will it level it out or will the front still sit lower, can I get a link to the lift

Spoonfeed much:rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
psycho91 said:
You have been given links to various resources in posts 2 and 8. Since very vehicle is slightly different ONLY YOU can tell if 2.5" will level YOUR TRUCK out if you put no lift in the back. Surely you own a tape measure. :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher