looking for new rims

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Hello everyone i know that this has been covered but i am looking for new rims for my truck i can't seem to find places in Canada dose any one know where to go?? i want a truck rim in 17 inch i don't like the big chrome things if you can help that would be awesome if not well at least i tried

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
silvernclean said:
U could always look on the net....

:iagree:

tons of stuff on the net... just would suck on the shipping costs up north if you ordered from the states.. i know a popular rim is the SS rim... not the 17" that your looking for.. but the 20;s do look good on any of our platforms .. :twocents:

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
i have benn looking on the net but to no luck. and the SS20 i like but i like off roading and cant aford the tires they are crazy expencive well i will keep looking i will one day find the rims i want.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
bigytwotone said:
i have benn looking on the net but to no luck. and the SS20 i like but i like off roading and cant aford the tires they are crazy expencive well i will keep looking i will one day find the rims i want.

Sad to see another member suffering like me! If you're having the same taste i'm having checkout the 17'' MB Gunners and 17'' American Trench. You can't beat it and they both come in our bolt pattern, no adapters needed.

They also come with better Offset so that your rims stick out more to the outside. I was never able to find anyone to ship international for a reasonable price without breaking my piggy bank :crazy:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
fadyasha said:
Sad to see another member suffering like me! If you're having the same taste i'm having checkout the 17'' MB Gunners and 17'' American Trench. You can't beat it and they both come in our bolt pattern, no adapters needed.

They also come with better Offset so that your rims stick out more to the outside. I was never able to find anyone to ship international for a reasonable price without breaking my piggy bank :crazy:

Here's a pic of the American Trench 17'' but I think they only make chromes now (they're not bad though) --> The pix are from a member named Sponge but dont think he ever crossed over. I always had his pix on my laptop lol! Was trying to convince him to sell them to me :biggrin:

DSC05056-vi.jpg

and here's a pic of the MB Gunners I found (they come in chrome and Silver polished)

DSC01659.jpg

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
im thinking the MB Gunners i like them i just don't want to over do the chrome so i will see what they look like with the sliver polish.

ok not likeing but i found these but i dont know what they are called i like alot thowView attachment 17826

Attachments

• sparks tb.jpg
    sparks tb.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 302
  • sparks tb rim.jpg
    sparks tb rim.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 300

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
u dont need adapters?? .. thought i was stuck with stock rims...but if i dont need adapters..things might be looking up...but dont want chrome

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
bigytwotone said:
im thinking the MB Gunners i like them i just don't want to over do the chrome so i will see what they look like with the sliver polish.

Good Luck! From what I know is that Discount Tires is the exclusive dealer for them.:frown:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
LordBear said:
u dont need adapters?? .. thought i was stuck with stock rims...but if i dont need adapters..things might be looking up...but dont want chrome

For these options no adapters needed, but options are very limited. I gave up on finding something in our bolt pattern locally. I can't ship from outside cuz of the huge budget it needs.

I'm going with a lift soon so i'm gonna get the adapters 6x5 -> 6x5.5 and buy me some rims here locally. Check out the sticky djthumper pointed out. :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
LordBear said:

You don't need adapters for everything. I just recently purchased new 16" wheels for a really good deal and no adapters until I decide to go with a wider tire. :smile: http://gmtnation.com/f28/new-16-wheels-787/

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
its tempting..but i dont want larger rims..but there are some saab wheels for less than 300 on craigslist.. i dont think they are bad looking... repaint them and put chevys in the center.. dont want bigger rims though.

Spong

Dec 12, 2011
fadyasha said:
Here's a pic of the American Trench 17'' but I think they only make chromes now (they're not bad though) --> The pix are from a member named Spong but dont think he ever crossed over. I always had his pix on my laptop lol! Was trying to convince him to sell them to me :biggrin:

DSC05056-vi.jpg

Man, that Trailblazer is one ugly POS!!! :biggrin:

bigytwotone said:
ok not likeing but i found these but i dont know what they are called i like alot thowView attachment 2658View attachment 2659

I really like how that setup looks. Not so much the actual wheels but the tires because they look bigger than stock. Are those tires 265/65??

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Spong said:
Man, that Trailblazer is one ugly POS!!! :biggrin:

Loool! Dude I knew you would find your way and yes I'm still stalking your Rims haha! I've decided i'm gonna order me some adapters 6x5 -> 6x5.5 next month. There's no point of looking anymore :rotfl: ! We got that bolt pattern here locally, which also btw is the bolt pattern of a Toyota FJ Cruiser! (4x4, and plenty of it here). Lots of options :wootwoot:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
I'm looking to purchase 18's and would be willing to sell you my stock 17's. I just don't know how cost effective shipping to Canada would be....

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
IMO your chrome accessories will still look out of place with those rims. If you want to keep the chrome accessories I think you need chrome rims to tie the look together.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Those look better. Both sets say 0 offset

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
0 offset with adapters / spacers will make the wheel stick out too far buddy. You might end up needing to do some trimming to the fenders :lipsrsealed: You're better off 12+ to 25+ offset with adapters to stay safe :thumbsup:

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
LordBear said:
i dont think these rim here look so bad...there off a saab... just change out the center and even paint them and they would rock... only $215. 17,s
i was thinking bout grabbing them but i dont want bigger rims..

I was thinking of going with the Saab wheels, they go for $300 - $600 on ebay, or these Wheel Details - Discount Tire

I had given up on 20" until I saw these American Racing Torq Thrust 20 inch rims with tires for Trailblazer

They look pretty sweet, kinda old school, IMO

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Spong said:
WOW!! I would snap those up in a heartbeat if I was closer!

I think they would look good painted or powder coated black.

You could always contact the guy.

bigytwotone said:
ok if they are going to stick out can we get fender flares for these beasts???
LOL fender flares...

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Pittdawg said:
Anyone know if these wheels are compatible with the tpms? When was tpms introduced, 06? 07?

All years of the 9-7x have had TPMS and these wheels were standard with the 5.3L V8 from 2005 through 2009 without change.

hitman

Jan 25, 2012
bigytwotone said:

ok not likeing but i found these but i dont know what they are called i like alot thowView attachment 2658View attachment 2659

OMG my pants got tighter looking at that...same colors as mine and i freaking like.... please tell me the rim size and the tire size?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online