Looking for new All-Season rubber

SaabScott

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
As the title says, I have to put new rubber on my 9-7X this spring.

Let me set the stage ...

1) I have winter tires
2) I am sticking with the stock size 255-55-18 and would prefer at least a 105 (if not 109) rating
3) I have the stock suspension
4) I do want "all season", not summer
5) I do not go off road with this truck

Key things that are important to me:

• Ride quality
  • Low road noise
  • Handling to match the rest of the suspension set up
  • At least half decent life (50K miles)

I have had Michelin Latitude Touring HP's on the 9-7X and liked them.

I am considering the following:

Conti ExtremeContact DWS
Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus

I do understand that tires are a very subjective topic (kind of like oil :crazy: ), but I would appreciate hearing any feedback and/or suggestions on other makes and models.

Instrumental

Jan 29, 2012
I've got over a year on my Continental Cross Contact LX20 with Ecoplus tires, and I'm happy. Traction is good, ride is good, I think they're good for 60k.

Only tires I can comment on, but if the other Continentals are similar I think you'd be happy.

Reactions: triz

Kurb

May 3, 2014
I bought Michelin LTX M/S tires late last year based on great reviews, and so far I am pleased. Smooth, quiet ride and good handling. I can't speak for mileage yet, but others have said it is good. They did well in the winter on ice and light snow. I didn't get the opportunity to drive in deep snow. This tire has great reviews on Tire Rack with over 88 million miles reported.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Kurbinator said:
I bought Michelin LTX M/S tires late last year based on great reviews, and so far I am pleased. Smooth, quiet ride and good handling. I can't speak for mileage yet, but others have said it is good. They did well in the winter on ice and light snow. I didn't get the opportunity to drive in deep snow. This tire has great reviews on Tire Rack with over 88 million miles reported.
Had those on my suburban. Great tires. Don't come in the size I'm planning for tho for my Rainier

neohio

Nov 11, 2013
My TB came with 245/60R18. I put a set of LTX M/S on it March of 2014. Zero complaints so far.

gardom

Apr 27, 2015
Had the Conti DWS on my car and they were ok. Had no problems with them. Traction on dry and wet roads are good.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
I also have the Continental LX20. Great tire, handles great in the wet and snow. Bought them in Colorado and still have them. My second set.

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
My 9-7x has GoodYear Assurance Fuel Max on them, my god are they rotten. I mean ROTTEN. They're completely rubbish. Noisy, awful in the wet. They've got another year or so left in them, but they're getting replaced in the next few weeks. They won't be able to cope with New England's snow. I've settled on either Yokohama Geolander G055 or Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
IMO, the bar has been set high with those Michelins - every set I've had, I liked (and since they were OEMs, that's saying something)

My current Accord has Contis on it (a low profile 19"); they're 'ok', but I wouldn't replace them with the same.

I have purchased 2 sets of Firestone LE2s, and have been very happy with them; a set is on my XL Voy now. Like you, my truck does not (intentionally) go off pavement, and ride quality / noise are paramount. I like a controlled ride; the HD Bilsteins I just put on were the final piece in that equation.

I haven't had a set of Pirellis, but if your choice is down to those two, I'd prolly go w/ the Pirellis, if the were rated significantly higher in the performance aspects I wanted, and didn't cost 2x as much.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online

No members online now.