Looking for good source for bolts and nuts

kenzoil

Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Hello all,
Besides the dealer, is there a source on-line that would stock bolts and nuts for front end suspension replacement. I need front end lower control arm bolts and nuts for my 08 trailblazer. I've looked everywhere with no luck. Thanks for any help.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
My go-to is my local Ace Hardware; I can generally get any size fastener I need, by the single piece.
You do need to keep track of bolt size / length / thread pitch / hardness, of course.

I try and stay away from what I call the 'mini' head size bolts; while the thread pitch is rated the same, the threads are thinner, and they'll cause problems when torqueing them (10mm water pump bolts come to mind). These are always in smaller bolt sizes - listed as M6 / M8 / M10, but the head / socket size will be smaller than the OEM. They'll also be flanged, and the flange will slope slightly downward on their outer surface. Stay away from these.

Home Depot does have some loose stock, but nowhere near as much as Ace. Lowes is somewhere in between, but the one I had nearby closed a couple of years ago.

I really can't remember the last time I ordered an OEM bolt online or at a dealer.

IIRC, the LCA bolts are 21-22mm (I just had them out recently). If I had had one that needed replacement, I wouldn't have hesitated to try my local Ace, first.

Amazon would be my next source, and in a real pinch, eBay. And then there's always the junkyard, but they're more into parts, vs. the bolts holding them in. You have to find a self-service one, which are getting rare (at least around my neck of the woods).

Reactions: Mooseman

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Amazing amount of products.

McMaster-Carr

Another option is Fastenal.

Fastenal Industrial Supplies, OEM Fasteners, Safety Products & More

I also have a boneyard close to my home. If you need a hard to find part, I can try to get it. Sucks they have a walk fee but push comes to shove I can probably get a bolt but might cost a few $$.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online