Looking for EBCM w/ JL4 electrical connector

byronchaplin

Original poster
Sep 25, 2020
Denison TX
Apparently the last warm body that worked on my Yukon's ABS Controller either couldn't read pictures or was a complete novice and should have left well enough alone. Started getting codes re: stability & went to check the wiring to find the connector to the EBCM was literally destroyed & held in place with duct tape. Ended up fabricating something a workaround out of epoxy & a lot of time that got the connection protected and graduated to tie wraps!

Anyway, fixing to replace the ABS Controller assembly & thought I' fix the wiring connector at the same time only to find out I have the only Yukon in the country that connector was used on.

I've been unsuccessfully searching hi & low for a couple of months trying to find a replacement connector for my '04 Yukon 5.3L SLT's ABS Control Module. Of course it's the one with the VSES option built into the the BMPV & EBCM and that seems to make a replacement impossible to find.

The GM (Ac Delco / Delphi) part number from both Mitchell & AllData, 15405468, doesn't produce a hit or cross reference anywhere, even with GM or the old Delphi outfit.

The one I'm looking for is a 46-Way GT280 Female "ABS Control Module Connector"

If anyone has any suggestions on where to look I would greatly appreciate it.

Or, if anyone has been stuck in the same scenario looking for this 1 in a billion connector I'd love to hear what all it's put you through!

1641826517764.png

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just Googling that number a bit, found out it's also used in 2005 Escalades.

Have you tried going to a dealer and having them search for the part number? They might have changed the Delphi number to another. They might have it in a dusty warehouse somewhere.

Beyond that, trying to find a compatible truck in a yard could be your only other option.

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I looked about for that connector as well and will add that to my list for junkyard retrievals at some future time.

Hopefully I will not ever have the need for the part but would be good to have it on hand just in case as my 05 Yukon has the JL4.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online