looking for confirmation and input

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
Yes another lift questionnaire, but i promise i do my homework.

im looking to lift my 03 tb ext 2wd just a bit and upgrade some parts. currently factory shocks and springs seem toast 190k on them not sure if or when they were ever changed. (2nd owner) My truck is overdue for some tlc so while im in there replacing things i figured why not make it less like a mini van. i tow a 20ft boat when i get time and run a steel carry-all the rest of the time. looking to gain some clearance/capability for various off path boat ramps and grove/electrical roads. Mostly good old florida sugar sand.

planned upgrades.

lift:
Front suspension:
-Bilstein 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber - 24-267014
- Moog 81110 coil springs. which should replace the 886 factory springs. i have the 884's in mine. this will be slightly stiffer ride and a "wheel lift" of .63" pre bull bar. i will be adding a bull bar to the front which will help compensate for the wheel lift and stiffness a loss of ~.20"-.25" bringing me back to ~.43"-.38" respectively.

Rear suspension:
- Tahoe rear coils part # 15234633 i read they are stiff but i almost always have a carryall on the back with rack ~ 75lbs empty
-Bilstein BE5-6248-H5 5100 Series Gas Shock Absorber
20200508_153811.jpg

typical weight on the back, i'm always carrying something ^

Wheels:
- 1.5" hub/wheelcentric 6x127 wheel spacer
- stock wheels

Tires:
-General GRABBER A/TX All- Terrain Radial Tire-LT265/70R17 121S

I know im way behind on the times but if there is ANYONE left out there to look me over and double check my numbers. I would appreciate any suggestions, im all ears! i understand it is best to do a UCA flip & swap with any lift. i have a lifetime alignment at firestone, has anyone had issues with getting it aligned after the flip?When installing the tahoe springs do i need a different spring seat or are they direct swaps? i have the 3.43 in her so i know im on the upper end of tire size for the tranny but i already installed a temp gauge and after i gather some initial numbers ill add in the aux cooler. Am i of sound mind thinking this complied list will work together? is there anything else i need to do when lifting a bit i.e. moving brakes lines etc. thank you for any help.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The bull bar likely will not weigh enough to make any difference

Are the 5100 for rear the longer tahoe ones? I dont know part numbers off top of head

Tahoe springs are direct swap.

Definitely flip control arm. I had firestone do mine but i had to explain to tech what I had done and why. He understood the rake was better than the pinched ball joint, but he drove a lifted s-series blazer.

265 and 3.42 gears should be ok. I like your idea of watching temp before deciding if you need a cooler, unless you get one with a bypass.

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
with advice from bartonmd they should be the 5100's that are 2.7'' longer ones than stock.
*Collapsed Length (IN): 15.91
*Extended Length (IN): 25.93

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I have the lifetime with Firestone as well and they haven't had an issue with the flipped arms.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I wish I could get lifetime alignments here. Sears Canada had them years ago up until they got out of the automotive repair biz in the mid-90's. :frown:

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
Good to hear, I dont see why they should have a problem since it should make it easier to get a better alignment. Any order you recommend installing? I want to do it myself and not sure if I would have the time all in one day. I was thinking spacers if they fit pre lift, then raise front and flip, then rear. Tires will be last obviously for alignment sake and allow for a triple check on spacer torque. Still have a few months left on current tire tred so no big rush on that.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I don't mean to commit a thread hijacking but if your in the market for a set of hub centric wheel spacer I've got a set I'm willing to let go. I will no longer be needing since my Voy is lowered. If I remember correctly I got them from @Sparky when he was parting out his truck and I believe he got them from MarkMc.20200509_105242.jpg
Lugs and studs are still in great shape.

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
im one that gets a nice shopping list together before buying stuff i might not need. so, no i dont mind the hijack send p.m.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That sounds right. Yes I got them from Markmc back when he was doing GMT360 stuff.

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
Finally got everything done and installed. Do not use the Moog 81110. Found out the hard way that they sit like the 882 springs. =[ im using stock 884 springs atm with no issue and may change them out at a later time. Ucas are also flipped with no gripe from firestone.20210214_123624.jpg

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Found these springs. Wondering if they would work...Capturesprings.JPG

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
Asserv those may work from the Tahoe, I just bought OEM springs off Ebay from a government removal. I think they go to a stiffer spring to account for extra weight. It was about 65 bucks shipped.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online