Looking for another!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Right now i wouldn't worry about distance, gas is cheap, flights are extremely cheap. At least if you can get it during this current thing. I flew into Philadelphia to get my wife's truck, one of the best vehicles we have ever owned.

Reactions: tsmith1156

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Another thing, I'm sure if you asked a member of our group that lives near a vehicle, I'm sure they would venture out to look at it for you, i know i would....

Butt be warned, that vehicle might come home to the member instead of you lol. I'm safe cause i have no interest in a xl.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
It looks good but yes over priced and in New Mexico, I’m in Ohio lol. That’s like a day trip
You think you can drive to NM and back - in a day?
I don't think Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed could do that (not while closing a deal for a car, anyway).

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
Oh, we gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there
I'm east bound, just watch ol' Bandit run

Right now i wouldn't worry about distance, gas is cheap, flights are extremely cheap.
Gas would be really cheap out there, pretty much from AR / OK forward.
But right now, a plane would be the last method of transport I'd be on, right now (ok, besides a cruise ship):sick: Not that I fly much anymore, anyway.

Butt be warned, that vehicle might come home to the member instead of you lol. I'm safe cause i have no interest in a xl.

That's ok... neither did anyone else, back when they were new...LOL

I was really surprised at those seating surfaces... the leather doesn't extend to the edge of the seat. Kinda cheap looking, IMO (along with the stitching). Maybe it's the light gray color that makes it stand out - ?

And, yeah, they want a fortune for it. Granted, it's a 1 owner, w/ about half (!) the usual mileage (and it's from a rust-free area), but still. I don't see the dealer going below $5800 or so, TBH. That's more than I paid for my '03, about 5 years ago (w/ about 128K, IIRC)

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I wouldn't say that really. I found a Rainier i liked in Tulsa, emailed the dealer and asked if he would take 1500 less than his asking, he came down 1000, went back and forth, and settled on 1300 less than asking price, plus delivering it to the airport in Oklahoma city. I didn't get it (and i regret it), but you never know what you might get unless you ask. Not saying this is the one to get, but look outside your area, lots of rust up there in Ohio.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Well, he was retailing it at $8999 (WTF!) and 'discounted' it to $7333 ('internet pricing', I'm sure).
I think you'd have to bargain fairly hard to get him to come down past another $1500 off. Would need to know how long he's had it, which I don't see on this site.

I see it has a 3.73 gear... except for the interior color, it's pretty much the twin to my '03.

They *do* offer delivery... could always ask them to ship it to OH.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Well, he was retailing it at $8999 (WTF!) and 'discounted' it to $7333 ('internet pricing', I'm sure).
I think you'd have to bargain fairly hard to get him to come down past another $1500 off. Would need to know how long he's had it, which I don't see on this site.

I see it has a 3.73 gear... except for the interior color, it's pretty much the twin to my '03.

I am looking at 3500-4500 most likely, I’m not prepared to buy right now but I was thinking last night, maybe I do want one from out of Ohio where hopefully the rust isn’t bad!

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio

I found this one for me so it doesn’t need to be ext, what are your thoughts?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It says 193K is low miles and its from a dealer which makes me say...nope

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thats a short wheel base, I thought you were needing a long wheel base?

It needs tires (cheap chinese tires on it), and they are almost down to the wear bars. Other than that it doesnt look bad. But it does have nearly 200k on it. So Control arm bushings are likely shot, tie rods, ball joints, etc. My Envoy has 193k on it, and the entire front end needs a rebuild. Just so you have an idea, thats roughly 1200-1800 dollars in parts alone.

Low miles? are they kidding or stupid?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I realize that you are being frugal (not saying that in a bad way) for a reason, to get out of debt, and to make a better life. But theres a difference inbetween frugal, and cheap. Cheap is when you buy something that you know, or likely know, you will have to spend close to the purchase price, or more, to make it right, and safe. Frugal is just buying something on the cheap, that minimal effort, and money, is going to be used into making safe and right.

This is overpriced, but Frugal if it was about 1000 cheaper...
EDIT: Reminder, it is an Ohio Truck, look at that rust on the trailer hitch, betcha its just as bad everywhere else.

This is cheap.. And should be listed as a parts truck only.. (its advertised as a trailblazer, but its clearly an Envoy, its appears to have been wrecked. Looks to be paint color differences)

This is somewhere inbetween.. Needs obvious work (door panel, lights on dash), but its also low miles, newer, and cheap. I think the repair needed would come to about half the trucks asking price, and it would appear to be simple repairs to me.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
@Regulator and few others in northern part of Indiana dang near have a full market for the platform. They buy/sell/part/scrap/ and build them. Might be better off hooking up with him or Joey or Dennis to help you find something decent or find one that may need something cheap and get that something done right to have a solid budget truck.

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I realize that you are being frugal (not saying that in a bad way) for a reason, to get out of debt, and to make a better life. But theres a difference inbetween frugal, and cheap. Cheap is when you buy something that you know, or likely know, you will have to spend close to the purchase price, or more, to make it right, and safe. Frugal is just buying something on the cheap, that minimal effort, and money, is going to be used into making safe and right.

This is overpriced, but Frugal if it was about 1000 cheaper...
EDIT: Reminder, it is an Ohio Truck, look at that rust on the trailer hitch, betcha its just as bad everywhere else.

This is cheap.. And should be listed as a parts truck only.. (its advertised as a trailblazer, but its clearly an Envoy, its appears to have been wrecked. Looks to be paint color differences)

This is somewhere inbetween.. Needs obvious work (door panel, lights on dash), but its also low miles, newer, and cheap. I think the repair needed would come to about half the trucks asking price, and it would appear to be simple repairs to me.

i want a long wheel base for my wife but I was being selfish and looking for myself 😂

tsmith1156

Original poster
Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
@Regulator and few others in northern part of Indiana dang near have a full market for the platform. They buy/sell/part/scrap/ and build them. Might be better off hooking up with him or Joey or Dennis to help you find something decent or find one that may need something cheap and get that something done right to have a solid budget truck.

I haven’t talked to Dennis but I did talk to Joey a little bit from being on this platform previously and he had a couple he is working on that may actually work out when we’re ready to buy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online