Looking for an interface for Fords

Maverick6587

Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I'm in the market again only a year or two later... The GF and her daughter both, now have Fords (I won't be converted). After researching for a few days I came down to narrowing my choices to the MongoosePro, Cardaq, and possibly the Launch.

Is there any programming differences between the Mongoose and the Cardaq? I can't find a comparison between the two anywhere online. I'd like to get the Ford Mongoose but, I don't want that one day I missed something the Cardaq had vs. the Mongoose.

It's quite the extreme price difference between the two so, it would have to be something amazing to get an "approval" for a purchase nearing $2k.

Do you have any experience with the Launch? I think it's missing a few things programming wise so, I'm thinking it's not worth it. I'm still looking into it at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
I don't know how I didn't see this earlier. I stumbled across it looking for something else.

Did you find what you were looking for? I have a Cadaq plus 3. The difference in the Mongoose line and the Cardaq line is that the Mongoose is for a specific manufacturer of vehicles. Drewtech makes one for just about every make.

You should be able to program any module you want with the Mongoose but you won't get any OEM software to work with it. Ford calls their software IDS and it only works with a for VCM2 or VCM3.

But, there is hope! Check out a tool called "Forscan" it works just as good (some even say better) than IDS does. I have both and I would have to agree. There is an enhanced version of Forscan that you can buy. I think it cost around $60 for a lifetime license. https://www.forscan.org

I've heard that this a good OBD tool to use. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=gmtnation-20

I personally use my Cardaq. The Mongoose should also work if you chose to purchase that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online