looking for advice

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Started saving up some money for summer modifications. Just wanted some advice on good products to choose. Things im looking to purchase are 1. Cold air intake 2. Brake pads/ possibly rotors if there is a gain 3. A good cleaner for the throttle body. Also if there is anything else that requires cleaning, im at about 73,000 miles and i know the previous owners preformed 0 up keep. (beside oil changes) thanks :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
06envoydenali said:
Started saving up some money for summer modifications. Just wanted some advice on good products to choose. Things im looking to purchase are 1. Cold air intake 2. Brake pads/ possibly rotors if there is a gain 3. A good cleaner for the throttle body. Also if there is anything else that requires cleaning, im at about 73,000 miles and i know the previous owners preformed 0 up keep. (beside oil changes) thanks :thumbsup:

i would look at either making your own CAI, or check out PCMforLESS.. volants are popular brands, airaid, etc... the 4" FWI requires tuning and e-fans.. but the basic CAI doesnt require those things..

http://www.pcmforless.com/list_products.php?q=&cat=33&model=TrailblazerSS&Submit=Find+Products

and if youre looking into performance for brakes.. ive been reading alot of people going with brakemotive..

http://gmtnation.com/f78/brakemotive-drilled-slotted-rotors-pics-2274/

a cleaner for the TB that i use is called B12 Chemtool... that little $5 bottle does wonders :rotfl:

and since zero maintenance has been done prior to you getting it, i would look into changing fluids all the way around.. trans, diffs, etc... usualy people do them at a 100k, but with zerro maintenance, its a toss up..

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If you're 4WD, do the transfer case NOW! It's a surprisingly short 50K interval, and the downside is real $$.

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
06envoydenali said:
Started saving up some money for summer modifications......
Replace rear wiper with '07 unit....works 100% better, and looks way cool too. :biggrin:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
06envoydenali said:

You have an 06? As far as engine goes you are due to replace all fluids.

I would be changing the plugs, air filter, brake fluid, power steering fluid, tstat and temp sensor along with the dexcool coolant which is due every 5 years. Also change the serpentine belt so you aren't stranded and also replace the battery if it hasn't been done so again you aren't stranded.

And like Roadie said you are more than likely due for a big four change. Trans fluid/filter, front and rear diff fluid and transfer case fluid.

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Thanks guys, this is why i love this site.. i dont know much in a mechanical sense and you guys are always here to turn to... how much do you think it would run me to changes all the fluid and the 4X4? I know the throttle body is a cheap clean. thanks again guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
MacMan said:
Replace rear wiper with '07 unit....works 100% better, and looks way cool too. :biggrin:

Ive been in the process just can seam to find any at the local yards.. waiting for one to pop up :biggrin:

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
06envoydenali said:
Thanks guys, this is why i love this site.. i dont know much in a mechanical sense and you guys are always here to turn to... how much do you think it would run me to changes all the fluid and the 4X4? I know the throttle body is a cheap clean. thanks again guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

not trying to resurrect this thread just curious ?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I don't remember. But it doesn't matter that much, if it is due then do it :wink:

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
06envoydenali said:

Depends on the fluids you use and how thorough you are.

Mobil 1 75w-90 is about $10 per quart, Royal Purple is about $20.

Tranny fluid is all over the map. A simple pan drop only gets about 4 quarts or so out, a full flush is about 4 gallons, give or take.

Get a tune before you get a CAI.

06envoydenali

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
strat81 said:
Depends on the fluids you use and how thorough you are.

Mobil 1 75w-90 is about $10 per quart, Royal Purple is about $20.

Tranny fluid is all over the map. A simple pan drop only gets about 4 quarts or so out, a full flush is about 4 gallons, give or take.

Get a tune before you get a CAI.

I want a tune very badly im just afriad that if I get the tune it may void my extended warranty :hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online