Looking for a unique idea for a new mod?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey, it did have a cup holder!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Two of 'em.

Personally, I don't see what the issue is -- that's an F150 with the camper package, isn't it?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Two of 'em.

Personally, I don't see what the issue is -- that's an F150 with the camper package, isn't it?
Pretty sure its a Dodge Durango, or maybe a Chrysler Aspen

DocBrown

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I'm a little surprised it's not a Chevy. Chevy 1500s outsell F150s in WI.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Pretty sure its a Dodge Durango, or maybe a Chrysler Aspen
I was stating that in jest / being facetious -- should've added an emoticon.

I'll say this, though... as good as I like to think I am about vehicle identification based on partial visual info -- your response is impressive. As soon as I looked at the back of the steering wheel & where it joined the column... I knew you were probably right, in that it's a FCAPOS. 💩 Probably also explains why the vehicle floor has 2" or so of snow in it.

I'm a little surprised it's not a Chevy. Chevy 1500s outsell F150s in WI.
LOL. Again, I was trying to be funny, not 'authoritatively' say it was a F***
Reason I went with them in the first place is that F*** actually did (still does?) have a 'Camper' option package on their F-series trucks. So I thought it lent itself well to the joke... oh, well :frown:

Anyway... re: your comment on sales figures. Based on what I see when I traipse thru SE WI, I don't know that I'd agree. F*** 1/2- & 3/4-ton seems to be popular in the Kenosha & Milwaukee areas, and also up near Green Bay, when I was there a few weeks ago. But that's not a big slice of the total land area of the state. That continues along with passenger cars, as well, IMHO.

Just curious -- are you a resident? Or do you have access to granular sales info, by state?

(either is fine... but this flatlander didn't want to impugn the general intelligence of my WI neighbors for purchasing F*** products, if you're a 🧀head) :poke: :argue::Boxin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I was stating that in jest / being facetious -- should've added an emoticon.

I'll say this, though... as good as I like to think I am about vehicle identification based on partial visual info -- your response is impressive. As soon as I looked at the back of the steering wheel & where it joined the column... I knew you were probably right, in that it's a FCAPOS. 💩 Probably also explains why the vehicle floor has 2" or so of snow in it.

Your not the first person to say that.. I have actually been called by the police to identify fragments of headlights and tail lights at a hit and run accident scene a few years ago. They handed me a clear piece of lens, and without missing a beat said it was from a Subaru Forester. The on site forensic got mad, he thought it was from the car that ran, but instead it was from the car that got hit. I then pointed at a piece of tail light in the gutter that they had missed, and said it was from a Ford Taurus, the cop looked at me, and said, "thats the piece we need", and walked away. Still not sure what that meant thou.

I used to live and breathe automotive anything. As I am getting older, its annoying to think, "I know what that goes to, but I cant remember what it was."

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
As I am getting older, its annoying to think, "I know what that goes to, but I cant remember what it was."

You and I both. Used to be, once I 'knew' something, I never forgot it. Now I find myself reviewing info more and more -- and finding out many times that I wasn't 'remembering' it correctly, at all. :dunce:

From what I can tell, I'm about 10yrs older than you, so all I can say is... it gets worse, with time. :frown:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
You and I both. Used to be, once I 'knew' something, I never forgot it. Now I find myself reviewing info more and more -- and finding out many times that I wasn't 'remembering' it correctly, at all. :dunce:

From what I can tell, I'm about 10yrs older than you, so all I can say is... it gets worse, with time. :frown:
I am 44, with a 3 year old, another on the way, and I feel like I am going on 70. These 5 blown discs in my back dont help. Luckily, no arthritis yet, but I know its coming. Its asymptomatic with having been a mechanic since I was 8.

• Sad
Reactions: Blckshdw

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Beat them by like 3 years with the red truck. That had a beach chair and for a little while a log too. And maybe a 5 gallon bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: Mooseman

DocBrown

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Just curious -- are you a resident? Or do you have access to granular sales info, by state?

Resident. It's been a while but I the sales stat was the entire state. From a legal counting perspective, GMC and Chevy are different brands, but they are the same trucks save for trim and a few options. GM far outsells them all.

That said I've driven mostly GM my entire life, that interior doesn't look like a GM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online