Looking for a meat grinder...any hunters or sausage makers?

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I'm looking at making my own sausages because I can't get anything that resembles the sausages that I can get back in Australia.

Does anyone make their own or hunt and process their own meat and have a suggestion for at half decent electric grinder/stuffer under about $150?

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
There one at my lOcal bass pro for $60 grinder and stuffer. You might want to check out there web-site might have more options .

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Good thread! I've actually got an old (1940s, maybe?) hand crank meat grinder from my grandparents, that I use when I process deer, but there is no sausage attachment to it, so I've been looking at getting someting to do sausage...

Donny, THAT is a huge boner-kill... :frown:

Mike

bigytwotone

Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
We he make everything our self. deer sausage, pepperoni, Salome w have a meat grinder from 1936 from my great grandparents meat shop but if you have a whole Sale Sports near by they have a good electric one with all the attachments for all of the stuff i listed for $100 Canadian i don't know what that is in US.

Matt

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
That is a LEM grinder...unfortunately it's a #8 and it's almost impossible to get bigger tubes for them...plus, from reviews that I've read, they do have some issues. Even though their hand grinders and sausage stuffers are top notch.

I've been looking at this one:Amazon.com: "STX TURBOFORCE 3000 SERIES - 1800 WATT" 2.4 HP RATED ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER - 3 HARDENED STEEL CUTTING BLADES - 3 HARDENED STEEL GRINDING PLATES - KUBBE/KIBBE ATTACHEMENT & A SET OF 3 SIZES OF SAUSAGE STUFFING TUBES!!!: Kitchen & Dining

Reviews are actually pretty good and it seems the people that sell them are on the ball and eager to fix any issues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online