Long time no talk!!

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Being bored tonight, and cruising the interwebs. I realized I had not been here in awhile.. May of 2017 it looks like.

I still own my Envoy V8 XUV, it is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Besides doing oil changes, up until last week, this truck has needed nothing other than a set of brake pads.

Last week I was able to tackle the problem of the unknown coolant leak that had cropped up over the past 2 months. But was never able to figure out where it was coming from. Had a oil diagnostic done to see if it was a head gasket, nope. Water Pump was dry, hoses are all dry, heater core was dry..

I previously had to have the radiator replaced when I had the transmission replaced at the dealer. New radiator, or no warranty on the trans. Well the new radiator had developed a pin hole leak at the very top in the aluminum core. New radiator is in, system is burped, and cooling well. But what an adventure that was getting the old radiator out!

Some other things going on in my life, last X-mas my wife and I had our first (and last) baby. He was born slightly pre-mature by 5 weeks and 1 day when her water broke. He was born December 23rd, at a healthy 4lbs 15oz. It was a scary time thou.. December 13th she was in a serious car wreck. My wife was driving her Aztek, and she T-Boned a Ford Focus. The Ford Focus was totaled, I drove the Aztek home. The doctors dont think the accident caused her to be in labor early, it was just a lack of space for the baby, and it was time to come out. My wife is all of 4'10" tall, not a lot of space.

Father hood has been a hell of a trip, and a scary one to boot. I had no intentions of becoming a father. Wife wanted to be a mommy. And if momma aint happy, aint no one happy.

So here is our son...

20180615_111354_zpsf34vbzwt.jpg

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Wow! Look who rose from the missing.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Welcome back man, glad to hear things are going well overall and everyone's healthy. :thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Welcome back

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome back man! A lot can happen in a year. We had a great meet in Indiana in Aug. I'm now retired. The place is still.active.

Stay in touch. We need ya!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Did you at least send a search party out for me?

No, we're like birds...if they fly the nest we don't go looking for them! :biggrin:

Welcome back and congratulations on becoming a Dad.

Reactions: djthumper

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome back! Stay around, we're still here for sure. Crazy crew ain't crazy.

I too became a dad recently. 3 years ago I had no intention of even getting married. Then I got married and I got her pregnant in only a few weeks. Hah oops. Little goober is 3 months old now.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thanks for the welcome back.. The forum is certainly a lot quieter than I remember... Where did everyone go?

Contimplating on purchasing a 2007 Saab 9-7x currently. Im just really weary of it. Its a non-runner, and the seller claims the timing chain is broken. I just dont know if I buy that. My work Envoy has close to 318000 miles on it, never had a timing chain break. And my personal Envoy has 172k miles on it, and still on the original timing chain. This 9-7x only has 112k on it. I am tempted because its in good condition, silver (my favorite color), and has the options I am looking for.

Reactions: Matt

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just so you know, the 9-7x is a different animal.

Stuff I love: Comfy, good ride and handling, power (I have the 5.3), different look, stock HID (on 5.3 only), radio dash panel separate from the rest for easy HU swap.

Stuff I hate: part time AWD system (same as auto on 4x4 but non-switchable), Saab only body parts (hoods rust bad on these), front bumper droop, center console with just one small poorly positioned cup holder and ignition switch, useless dash cup holder that is usually broken, white gauge pointers, failure rear air ride system (easily replaceable with springs).

Which engine does it have? Outright timing chain failures are unheard of. Chain tensioner or shoes, yes, but at 112K, not likely.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
It's a 5.3. I won't even consider the 4.2.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Then a chain issue is even less likely unless it broke but again, very rare. Do a compression test which should give a clear picture. If the valves smacked the pistons, you're in for a world of work.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome back around. Congrats! We had our 4th kid in January at 5 weeks early on his older sisters 2nd birthday. He was 6 lbs and my wife was diagnosed with the Flu while in labor so it was a hell of an adventure getting the family on Tamiflu ($800) that day during a shortage and basically being quarantined by the hospital.

But being preemy has not stopped him from growing. he is now only 5 lbs less than his two year older sister and he is taking his first steps at just under 10 months. Crazy how kids develop and grow.

Just buy it and slap in another 5.3 with a procharger!!!!!!!!

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
LOL.. Dont have that type of money. Looking for a DD. I really like the Saab, but I think I want to hold out for a Aero, and get some other DD. Thats why I bought the Montego. Just have to finish the rebuild (I bought it lightly wrecked).

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I do like them aero

Reactions: TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I Love them Aero's

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Or maybe a Pontiac G8 GXP

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Had a buddy trade his 05 gto for a g8 with 190K on it and supposedly newer motor and trans, but no paperwork. Sounded good though and looks pretty good. He ran it 12.9 in the 1/4 on Friday...I wanted one before, but now I really do

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.