Locked out, Battery dead, door key won't unlock driver door

DMahoney

Original poster
Jan 12, 2022
Indianapolis, IN
My 2006 trailblazer's battery is dead, the door key won't unlock the driver door. I am unable to access the battery-or open the hood for that matter. Can I access the starter from underneath to then jump start, or at least unlock the doors with the key fob? Thanks so much in advance for any help!!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could maybe get to the starter from the left wheel well so you could hook up either a charger or jump pack to allow you to use the fob to unlock. I wouldn't try to start it like this though.

What's wrong with the hood release? I'm pretty sure you can get to the hood latch through the grill. A long screwdriver to the cable lever should do it.

The door key lock can corrode from using only the fob. Ask me how I know. Try using a penetrating oil to try and free it up.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

DMahoney

Original poster
Jan 12, 2022
Indianapolis, IN
You could maybe get to the starter from the left wheel well so you could hook up either a charger or jump pack to allow you to use the fob to unlock. I wouldn't try to start it like this though.

What's wrong with the hood release? I'm pretty sure you can get to the hood latch through the grill. A long screwdriver to the cable lever should do it.

The door key lock can corrode from using only the fob. Ask me how I know. Try using a penetrating oil to try and free it up.
ok I'll try to reach the starter. It would only be to hopefully get the Key fob to work. I tried to reach the hood release through the grill, but couldn't see well enough. I'll try that again as well. Thanks man!!!

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I have opened my hood a few times through the grill, not out of necessity but rather to see how hard it was. I cannot say it is easy but it is possible with the proper screwdriver.

Another option is if you have the 7 pin trailer hookup and the red wire at the battery is hooked up for Aux power you might be able to use a low amp power source to feed enough power to the system for the key fobs to work.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Another way to get back inside:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online