Little by little

mkavanaugh4

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
I have to pick and choose my free time with two little ones, so this weekend I managed to do a few more things. I liked another member's idea of painting the side mirror caps, thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't hit them with any sandpaper or steal wool, so they came out a little rough. I plasti dipped the TB emblems on the front doors. I like the look but it's already peeling. Next is the front end. What's everyone think? Thanks. Mike.

Attachments

• COPYOF~1.JPG
    COPYOF~1.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 81
  • TB_Mirrors2.jpg
    TB_Mirrors2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 9
  • TB_Mirrors3.jpg
    TB_Mirrors3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 9
  • TB_Emblem1.jpg
    TB_Emblem1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
  • TB_Emblem2.jpg
    TB_Emblem2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 8

Yacdogg

Apr 27, 2012
I like it, hate the look of all black mirrors. how do you paint them ? just mask off and paint ? (i'll prep them first)

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Its best to take the caps off....they are brittle and break pretty easy if not done right...but do look awesome when done. The look good body matched too. .02

mkavanaugh4

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks fellas. There are 5 tabs holding the cover on and yes they're very brittle. I broke one on each side. You can get to 3 of them by moving the mirror far left and far right. You'll have to fold the whole mirror assembly all the way in, then all the way out to see the other 2. Have a flashlight and thin flat head handy. Good luck and take pics.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online