Little blazers 2019 Colorado z71 build

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Owned for less than 24 hours... Step 1 is front window tint. Will report back soon. I'm also thinking projector retrofit, the 4TL-R projectors replace the factory ones and I'd go all OEM for bulbs and ballasts. The other big things are bug deflectors, in channel rain guards and removing the plastic bed liner for rhino liner or equivalent.... yes I have a problem. :rolleyes:
20190412_075159.jpg

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Was wondering when the mod bug would bite -- looks like it already has!

On the liner - if you're shopping alternatives, look into a Line-X. My blue Sierra has it, and except for two small chips on the edge of the bed (maybe 1/8" each), the thing looks like it was freshly applied (it wasn't; there's a little 'badge' in the bed showing it was applied in TX, early in its life.) There's a little bit of UV fade, but Line-X now offers a UV-resistant coating, as well (not to mention matching to the body color, if you want that)

Reactions: littleblazer

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
You'll be happy to know RIPP Superchargers is working on some bolt on goodies for these trucks.

My brother does the powder coating on all there kits and the owner is also the owner of the building my brother does work out of. The truck in the link is owned by my brothers friend. My bro is also thinking about doing a set up on his GMC.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
You'll be happy to know RIPP Superchargers is working on some bolt on goodies for these trucks.

My brother does the powder coating on all there kits and the owner is also the owner of the building my brother does work out of. The truck in the link is owned by my brothers friend. My bro is also thinking about doing a set up on his GMC.

Oh no... don't tempt me. Things pretty quick honestly as it is lol.

Reactions: xavierny25

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Done.
20190412_130504.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Geez, get a tiny raise and you think you're Bill Gates :laugh:

Really nice truck and that is a nice blue. What did you do with the TB?

Reactions: Mounce

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Geez, get a tiny raise and you think you're Bill Gates :laugh:

Really nice truck and that is a nice blue. What did you do with the TB?
Lol. Nah, it pushed me over the edge on being comfortable doing it though. TB is still around, gonna be the errand truck for the shop. :2thumbsup:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Went and looked at the color palette for this truck. This one looks to be 'Pacific Blue Metallic', and it's also available in 'Kinetic Blue Metallic'.

The Kinetic Blue really pops in sunlight (it also reminds me of Arrival Blue, so you know which one I'm partial to...lol). However -- I'll bet the Pacific Blue 'ages' better (from a trend / style standpoint). I'll bet it looks really deep, in person 😎

On edit: Now I'm thinking it might be the Kinetic, after all? Which color is this? :confused:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Went and looked at the color palette for this truck. This one looks to be 'Pacific Blue Metallic', and it's also available in 'Kinetic Blue Metallic'.

The Kinetic Blue really pops in sunlight (it also reminds me of Arrival Blue, so you know which one I'm partial to...lol). However -- I'll bet the Pacific Blue 'ages' better (from a trend / style standpoint). I'll bet it looks really deep, in person 😎

On edit: Now I'm thinking it might be the Kinetic, after all? Which color is this? :confused:
Its Pacific blue metallic. The kinetic blue looks just blue compared to it in person in my opinion. At sunset the truck looks almost sea green and in the shade it's almost midnight blue. If you've ever seen Kona blue, the ford color for the 13ish gt500s, it's like that but instead of blue and purple its blue and green.

I really wanted the Forrest green metallic but they canned it for 19. Then I saw the Pacific blue in person and fell in love. You know how you just see it and know that it's the color? That's what happened. I also combed over the truck for an hour... there is 1 run and one small fisheye... no one else could find them either lol so it is pretty much perfect. The whole truck has orange peel, but I have yet to see a new vehicle that doesn't. It's very light. It actually has less than my buddy's 718. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mooseman

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
That's cool, that it has that kind of color-shifting ability (w/o having to use $5K worth of 'chameleon' paint (see: Mustang).

Cars are an emotional purchase. I like when I see people display their emotion for their choices (this from a guy who's been DD'ing Accords for the last 20yrs) :smile:

Enjoy the truck. I know you'll keep us posted on the 'ownership experience' LOL

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
It was a hard choice... the TB was my first car... Truck, sorry. Got a lot of memories driving that truck.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think any vehicle is an emotional experience. Kinda sad when the EXT went away on the flatbed all broken and parted out. Lots of memories there. Same for my snowmobiles. I'll be sad when I let go my former ride, being replaced by another one.

I'm sure you'll relish this one like you did your last.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It sucked watching my TB go.

What is it with GM offering a nice green for like 2 maybe 3 years then canning the color?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I looked at the Colorado and the Canyon. In the end, Canyon is easier to spell. :2thumbsup:
Well, my buddy is a Chevy dealer not GMC so that's mainly why lol.

kott0n

Apr 8, 2019
WA
I was actually thinking this weekend, what options are there even for a small v8 suv now?

My Buick is only 3 inches wider, 2 inches taller and 1inch longer than a 2019 Subaru Outback!

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I was actually thinking this weekend, what options are there even for a small v8 suv now?

My Buick is only 3 inches wider, 2 inches taller and 1inch longer than a 2019 Subaru Outback!
Jeep Cherokee... but it isn't really small either. Market is there, just no ones building it.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I actually like both but I’ve always been a GMC guy, the Chevy is a very sweet ride though, you made a great choice.
I like the body on the Trailblazer better than the Envoy, but the envoy has a nicer interior. For the most part the sierras look nicer than the silverados. That being said, the grill on the canyon looks strange to me lol.

I also found out that getting the towing package on these trucks gives you an auxiliary transmission cooler. Fun stuff.

Reactions: smt 59

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Jeep Cherokee... but it isn't really small either.
True, my Jeep GC isn't small but, is very similar in size to my former Envoy Denali and comes with V6,V8 or Diesel engines.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
True, my Jeep GC isn't small but, is very similar in size to my former Envoy Denali and comes with V6,V8 or Diesel engines.
My only problem with them is it's a dodge... we don't get along well lol.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Yeah, I felt that way too but, going out of my comfort zone has been a pleasant surprise. :love0001:
We did once with a shop truck... what a pile. The pentastar v6 is enough to turn off anyone to the entire brand. :rotfl:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
That's why I got the Hemi...:dance:
That definitely wouldn't have stopped the dashboard from completly disappearing. And the Hemi was a pentastar with 2 more cylinders, so still crap. The new stuff is probably alright... fiat was always marginally better than dodge. :rotfl:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
You might not remember when GM started putting the LS engines in their trucks and hoards of complaints piled in about "piston slap" and "excessive oil consumption", many buyers walked away, never to buy a GM again.... Now the LS engine is the crate engine of choice.
The point is that all makes "wet the bed " once in awhile and I'm old enough to say that I've had good/bad luck with all of them.
Vehicle brands to me are a lot like beer, I have my favorite but, every now and then I like to try a different one.
PS... FYI,The Pentastar V6 is about as similar to the Hemi as the Atlas engine is to the LS.

Last edited:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
@northcreek it was the magnum back then. I always forget that.:duh: And I get the whole everyone has their problems. That one just had way too many in that short time period.

At any rate, went to the dealer to address a few things. They're fixing the bed rail that was damaged when I took delivery, doing the bed liner and ordering my bug deflectors. They're also looking into the a/c lines... if I had to guess, made in Mexico. :confused: escalade has 300k and doesn't have this shit. Looks like a bad weld.
20190414_144101.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Mooseman

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
In channel rain guards installed. (Yes they add wind noise...)
20190419_074204.jpg

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I think this was easier than putting it to words on here lol.

Reactions: xavierny25

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So I've been looking at tonneau covers... Any one ever have one and or have recommendations on them? I've been looking at the Fold-a-cover G4 Elite which is the hard fold GM factory option. I'd rather not have the vinyl one only because my only experience with one wasn't good. Mainly the vinyl deteriorated after a few years... Got some chevy cash and a few incentives so the price wouldn't be too terrible...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hard single piece ones, or ones that tri fold but still leave the front part covered are annoying when you need the entire open bed. Some are easily removed though for those cases so might not be a big issue.

I have a truxedo truxport on my Silverado (came with it). It is a roll up vinyl. It has beek on there the nearly 4 years I've had the truck, and had been there for an unknown amount of time before that, and yeah it has some wear/weathering but still works fine and doesn't look too bad. No idea how it compares to other roll ups though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My buddy has one aluminum rollup like this and I always loved it. Worked well for him for years

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Hard single piece ones, or ones that tri fold but still leave the front part covered are annoying when you need the entire open bed. Some are easily removed though for those cases so might not be a big issue.

I have a truxedo truxport on my Silverado (came with it). It is a roll up vinyl. It has beek on there the nearly 4 years I've had the truck, and had been there for an unknown amount of time before that, and yeah it has some wear/weathering but still works fine and doesn't look too bad. No idea how it compares to other roll ups though.
Interesting. The one I'm looking into is a quad fold and would only leave about 18 inches of unusable bed space when folded up. It also should only need 4 bolts pulled to remove. But that is a valid point. I do like the truxedo too though, have heard great things about it. My only real problem with it is that the rails look bulky in pictures. Not exactly a deal breaker though. :undecided: The big think for me is that I'd like the option to lock the tailgate if I have... uh work things back there on an off chance.... :laugh:
My buddy has one aluminum rollup like this and I always loved it. Worked well for him for years

View attachment 88359
I like this one too. It's pretty pricey though. But It looks so nice.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
@Sparky I think I'm going to go with that truxedo one. For the price and what I need it to do it seems like the best overall value imo.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online