Literally a barn find

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found in an estate sale were these gems.

Oh to have some cash, I'd be all over one of them Bonnevilles.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Liked the '70 Bonne hardtop. But my fave of that group was definitely the '63 Wildcat.

(Funny... I didn't notice they were Canucks until they mentioned the mileage in Km... then I detected it right off.)

Was never really a fan of the early '60s GM exterior styling (C2 Vette being an obvious exception), but I did like that Buick. B-body hardtops of that era were decent.

Brings back memories. I remember my Grandpa had a '64 Catalina, in aquamarine. No, not the cool looking hardtop coupe, or the sexy ragtop, or even the 4-door hardtop... but the comparatively ugly 4-post sedan. He drove it forever & passed it on to my aunt, when she got her license. First car I ever 'worked on'... he let me lube it when I was prolly 7-8yrs old. Had a 389, which was the 'base' engine... but a very pedestrian 2bbl carb. My favorite part of that car was the dash, with its sweep bar speedo. (while I was non-plussed by the bodies, I did like the interiors. Go figure)

(in Canada, these were badged as the 'Laurentian' -- although I don't know if they were sold there before the '65 restyle (in retrospect, how I wish Gramps had waited one more year to buy his!)

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Thanks for sharing that video. Classic case of so many of these car hoarders that won't sell anything while they're alive, then they take the Dirt Nap and the family is stuck with it and basically give it away. Does make an interesting find for the tomb raiders though.... :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All I want for Christmas is a Bonneville and a lift.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online