Limestone 05 LT 4wd build

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
I started down this little modding road after searching meaning of trouble codes. And I found GMT and the old site. Realized then I could do more then just drive my tb. Feel free to recommended anything further. Thanks all.
Current mods;
Exterior
Blackout bowties, resonator delete, side molding delete, roof rack delete, hatch handle delete, tinted front windows, relocated FM antenna
Interior
LED lighting upgrade, painted interior molding, cargo organizer, overhead DVD delete, 3.00 aux hack

Future mods; lower rear 2-3", isimple for android, CAI (if its not a waste of funds), headlight quad hack, hood scoop, tint tail lights, and a worth while engine mod.

Attachments

• 20140301_153600.jpg
    20140301_153600.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140301_153633.jpg
    20140301_153633.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140301_153908.jpg
    20140301_153908.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20140301_153616.jpg
    20140301_153616.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20140206_174037.jpg
    20140206_174037.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Nice mod's so far, might i recommend led turn signals for the mirrors, don't bother with the cold air intake, and mann I wish my interior was ebony. The grey is horrible to me :frown:. Welcome to The Nation also :thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin:

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
TexazReece said:
Nice mod's so far, might i recommend led turn signals for the mirrors, don't bother with the cold air intake, and mann I wish my interior was ebony. The grey is horrible to me :frown:. Welcome to The Nation also :thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin:

I understand completely, I'll never understand gm with their two tone interiors lol. I really need the black cargo cover because that beige stands out bad lol. I know the CAI is a waste on our engines ( cost to result ratio). I've seen where members hogged out the air box and streamline the intake tubes with a intake resonator delete. Only engine mod I've seen here for I6 would be the PCM mod.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Limestone said:
I understand completely, I'll never understand gm with their two tone interiors lol. I really need the black cargo cover because that beige stands out bad lol. I know the CAI is a waste on our engines ( cost to result ratio). I've seen where members hogged out the air box and streamline the intake tubes with a intake resonator delete. Only engine mod I've seen here for I6 would be the PCM mod.

ROI on the PCM programming seems to make it one of the most promising modifications. Wish I had the ebony, too. I have two-tone gray and the dark gray is horrendous.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Limestone said:
...and a worth while engine mod.

Welcome! Nice ride.
PcmofNC tune is what many others swear by. Do a search. Arguably the best bang for your buck mod.

Edit: Ever think of blacking out the bowties on the wheel center caps?

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Welcome! Nice ride.
PcmofNC tune is what many others swear by. Do a search. Arguably the best bang for your buck mod.

On my IG feed I saw where someone blackedout the center cap bowties and the darker accent areas on the wheel. Turned out really nice, just haven't decided on that yet. Besides some maintenance items I think the drop will be my next big (cost) mod. Since I need shocks anyway I'm trying to get the best plan of attack. Trying to kill two birds with one stone if that makes sense.

hayes

Oct 6, 2013
Looks good!! I am really digging the blacked out bowties. Can I trouble you and ask where you got them?

Limestone

Original poster
Jun 8, 2013
hayes said:
Looks good!! I am really digging the blacked out bowties. Can I trouble you and ask where you got them?

They're the stock bowties that I painted with a quality spray paint made for plastics. I choose black satin, that way it had a little shine and not dull like flat black. One tip, take your time, let them dry completely between coats. And a good cleaning prep does wonders.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
Welcome! Nice ride.

:iagree:

I wish I would have gotten a PCMofNC tune the first day I bought my TB. $150 is cheap for what you get. You can spend more than that on a HAI with less gain.

Welcome :tiphat:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Limestone said:
On my IG feed I saw where someone blackedout the center cap bowties and the darker accent areas on the wheel. Turned out really nice, just haven't decided on that yet. Besides some maintenance items I think the drop will be my next big (cost) mod. Since I need shocks anyway I'm trying to get the best plan of attack. Trying to kill two birds with one stone if that makes sense.

Yes it does. :thumbsup:

hayes said:

Checkout motor city vinyl or hit up member High Voltage with a PM. He may still be able to hook you up timely.

Or paint them yourself. Some members are satisfied with their "quality" painting skills.

hayes

Oct 6, 2013
Limestone said:
They're the stock bowties that I painted with a quality spray paint made for plastics. I choose black satin, that way it had a little shine and not dull like flat black. One tip, take your time, let them dry completely between coats. And a good cleaning prep does wonders.

Well nice work! They look great!

Playsinsnow said:
Checkout motor city vinyl or hit up member High Voltage with a PM. He may still be able to hook you up timely.

Or paint them yourself. Some members are satisfied with their "quality" painting skills.

Thanks for the lead but I need replacement bowties. Mine are in terrible condition and have water inside the outer plastic. That way when I got the TB.

[/hijack]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.