Liftgate / Plate assembly mussed up

jailfood

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Hey all,

The liftgate handle assembly, the entire thing is messed up. I pulled it off to find only 1 bolt holding it on, the others were broken, and the metal piece that connects to the exterior handle rusted through. (the only rusty part on the dang truck). I need a part number for the whole assembly if anyone has one I would appreciate it cause glue isn't gonna last forever.

Thanks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
We lost our great resource for exploded parts views, but still have a PDF of a document I scanned in long ago. Let me see how to link to it here.

But you really don't need the part number to order it from the usual places or to look it up on Ebay. Where were you going to buy it that demanded a part number first? :confused:

jailfood

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Well stupid me, I tried to search ebay by liftgate handle and just get the handle.

Tried plate holder and found 1, it lists a nissan quest in the description.

I figured a part number would help. I tried carpart.com I really don't like that site and miss compnine :frown:.

Maybe I should be calling it something else ? On top of all that I should also replace the seal while I'm at it.

I appreciate your response Roadie. Thanks for taking the time.

jailfood

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
LOL, spelt it wrong. That is exactly it. As only 1 of the bolts is good, the others are glued back on.

Only 1 on ebay, am I the only one with the teenager who tries to open the locked gate ??

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe (how hard did he yank on it?!). Or maybe not, and that's why there is only one on ebay right now.

Yours is the first one I'm aware of that has gotten broken off like that. I'm sure it has happened to others, because somewhere someone always manages to break door handles.

jailfood

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Sparky....that one is right down the road. Cool. I will call around to see about a yard having it. My pick and pulls don't usually have anything as new as 02 .

Thanks again for the replies

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online