Lifted EXT

Uncle Blazer

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Anyone have any pictures of a lifted EXT? I would like to lift/level my EXT using MarkMC's gear but want to make sure it wont look like a monstrocity. I need the extra room for the kids (and i guess wife), but also need to get off the beaten path during the fall/winter. I dont need to be able to run over small cars :undecided:, just get to my treestand. I hate looking like I am waiting for a parking spot outside of the mall. Are there any differences between lifting an LWB vs SWB?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Lifts are the same suspension wise. The body lift is a shade different but nothing major. Look at HighVoltage's pics. He had just the susp on his ext then moved up with the body lift later.

I really like the longer ones lifted, but I also have a 91 Burban that dwarfs my TB

Uncle Blazer

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Lifts are the same suspension wise. The body lift is a shade different but nothing major. Look at HighVoltage's pics. He had just the susp on his ext then moved up with the body lift later.

I really like the longer ones lifted, but I also have a 91 Burban that dwarfs my TB

Thanks, I like the looks of his ext.....not to mention that he is only a 20 minute drive from me. I didnt figure that there was anything different suspension wise, or it would have been noted on the liftmeister website (or on here).

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Here's a bad pic of my EXT. I have Marks 2.5 kit, 1.5 wheel spacers and 265/70/17s

0121121414.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I have seen High Voltage's truck up front and personal....even sat in it, although I felt like I needed a running start to get in lol (I'm SHORT 4'9) I also have an EXT, but it's an Envoy. I have been thinking of lifting mine as well. I have to say that the EXT's look no different lifted as their shorter wheel based brothers. In fact I feel it makes the length less of an eyesore...takes attention away from how long the truck is...which I like because the long wheel based on the Envoy's remind me of Man Vans...a van a man would drive :wink:

In my personal opinion, I would do a suspension lift because with the body lifts you will most likely see the frame under the truck. I seen pictures here on the LiftMeister's thread of customer pictures...someone there had a 3" body I believe and you could see the frame of the truck pretty good from the underside. I personally don't want my frame to be showing so I would go with a suspension lift. But if you don't mind it then the body lift wouldn't be that bad.

I also do believe that High Voltage has both a 3" body lift and a 3" suspension lift...plus HUGE swamp tires lol but it is really a beautiful truck.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
High Voltage said:
Marks 2.5 lift and 265/70/17

View attachment 4521.........
100_0272-1.jpg

Marks 3" lift, heavier front springs and Marks 3" body lift and 35's
100_0799-2.jpg

How about we just trade trucks :raspberry: it looks REALLY good!! I should have driven it when you were here. I'm really thinking about lifting, but not quite as tall as your's or I will have some skinned knee's when the kids try to get in their car seats lol :biggrin:

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
How about we just trade trucks :raspberry: it looks REALLY good!! I should have driven it when you were here. I'm really thinking about lifting, but not quite as tall as your's or I will have some skinned knee's when the kids try to get in their car seats lol :biggrin:

Yeah I should of had you drive it! Next time!:biggrin:
If you do decide to lift I would suggest Marks 2.5" kit. With that and new struts you won't believe the ride difference!
We could set up a lift meet to get it installed!
That goes for anyone else too! If you want help installing a lift and are close I'll help!
As long as it's a Lift Meister lift!!!:raspberry:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Take it one step further... Anyone have pics of a lifted XUV?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
TollKeeper said:
Take it one step further... Anyone have pics of a lifted XUV?

[video=youtube_share;YDMeB7DsalA]http://youtu.be/YDMeB7DsalA[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online