Lift

Flash12623

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Are there any stiffer front springs for Silverado's like there are for Trailblazer? I'm thinking about lifting my truck with that method.

Flash12623

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
And could a mod move this to the offroad section? I completely blanked when I posted this.:duh:

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Considering that the silverado doesnt have springs, no. Well actually let me correct myself. Only the nnbs (07+) have front springs. Anything older than that has leaf springs in the rear and torsion bars up front. You can go an add-a-leaf spring, this adds a spring bar to your rear leaf packs which can give you more lift, however a much higher spring rate which can cause poor driving quality when there is no load in your bed. Myself, i went with a larger rear block over my leafsprings which gave me the increased height and didnt sacrafice ride quality.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Irishboy02 said:
Well actually let me correct myself. Only the nnbs (07+) have front springs.

He has a 2011...

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Sorry forgot that we have our veh desc in our profiles now. Being that your a 2wd v6, maybe try to find the spring code for a 4wd V8, or a z71, not sure off hand what they are or the part numbers would be though, sorry.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.