Lift / Level kit installed

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Yesterday I installed a lift/level kit on my truck. Got 3" torsion keys on the front with 2" rear blocks (usually comes with a 1" block but i opted for the bigger setup). Also got new rear shocks, bilstein 5100s - came with shock extenders for the front end so I just threw them in for now, will be running bilstein 5100s up front soon, also plan on cranking the keys a little more. Put my rear fenders slightly over 40" and my fronts at 38.25" sitting on 285/70-17s. Going to be upgrading to 35x12.5 on 18x9s soon. My rear bumper is now even with the headlights on a equinox. These are the progression pics, I will take a daytime one completed later

Rear blocks installed, front is still factory
IMG_1947.jpg

Rear installed - about the ride height now, front is slightly higher
IMG_2277.jpg

me vs equinox
IMG_6840.jpg

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks buddy. I live and regularly commute in a heavily populated city. I would LOVE a 6" on 35s but its not practical for me. This is subtle enough but still is plenty. Plus I can tuck 35s with no trimming so its a win/win - not to mention i didnt have to spend $1k+ for a kit

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah I know what you mean I'm waiting till tax season next year to lift the trailblazer on 33's

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Just snapped these pics to give you a better idea.

IMG_9973.jpg

IMG_9512.jpg

Front tire clearance with 285/70-17. Plenty of room for 35s
IMG_5122.jpg

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
Your grill is throwing me off. Do you plan on plastidip ing the rest of the chrome?

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
no

I actually had the whole thing plasti-dipped to get ride of the chrome. Once i put the black corners in, it looked weird. Im going to keep the grill as is (inside all black and chrome around the lights) and down the line will be purchasing black housing headlights too. Too much black if i blacked it all out. I like the way the 'chrome' breaks it up. Well see how it looks when it all comes together. Sounds good in my head, if not ill just respray it, no biggie. Thinking about putting in some black mesh inlay over the grill too, possibly. All in due time, i'v only had dthe truck a month lol.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
You know the black chrome rim paint would look real good on the front with it being a high gloss finish. It won't be to much flat black. Just a thought. Im not trying to change your mind or anything.

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Im open to any and all ideas. That is definitely a thought, Ill have to see how itl look when its done. My rims are going to be gloss black (XD Hoss 18x9). Not sure if itl be too much black goin on, having the matte finish might break it up nicely. Going to be respraying my wiper arms matte black as well. Whats nice is that I can just peel off the plasti-dip if i dont like it and respray with what ever my little heart desires.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
Whats nice is that I can just peel off the plasti-dip if i dont like it and respray with what ever my little heart desires.

yup and plastidip comes in other colors and i think they have a kit to make your own colors too.:undecided:

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Now with the Lift / Level all settled in, Im purchased a set of hummer tires. Used the rubber and threw them on the truck (BFGoodrich Allterrain KOs 315/70r17) on my stock rims. These are just a set to get me by for the time being - my Nitto terragrapplers were shot.

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

BTW, contrary to popular belief, I have no rubbing issues. I will be doing a 1.5" bodylift, want just a little bit more and then ill be content. Now iv got the itch again..

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
tough lookin Sierra man :thumbsup:

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
The change to 34.4" tires makes a big difference in the look . I like it a-lot my friend !!:wink:

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
And what lift kit(brand,part #) do you have? My buddy has a 03 z71 and wants 3-4" lift and 35s and doesn't want to pay 1k plus on a kit either.

Irishboy02

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
drwfaulk said:
And what lift kit(brand,part #) do you have? My buddy has a 03 z71 and wants 3-4" lift and 35s and doesn't want to pay 1k plus on a kit either.

I ordered my kit from fatbobsgarage.com No company components names were on the site however all my boxes said rough country. Definately recommend using them, cheapest prices and the shipping was great. Also, that paired with the Bilstein 5100 shock - amazing. Truck basically floats like a hovercraft it rides so nice.

Side note : im actually going to be doing the 1.5" body lift as well just for something a little bit more but this kit gave me the perfect stance. I have to do a little hop now to get in and im 6'1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.