Lift kit

samuelhalipchak

Original poster
May 11, 2021
Saskachewan
When I put a 3” lift front and back, will I need to go for a whee alignment, and has anyone had issues with the tires not wearing evenly, and part breaking?

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
When I put a 3” lift front and back, will I need to go for a whee alignment, and has anyone had issues with the tires not wearing evenly, and part breaking?
Yes, you should get an alignment.

I've had MarkMC's 2.5" lift kit for almost 90k miles with no issues.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Did you flip and swap the upper control arms?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I also have MarkMC's 2.5" lift in the front, for the last 2 years. He's not making them anymore, that's why you can't find them. And yes, you need to flip and swap your UCAs. It will help your UBJs by putting them at less of an extreme angle. The shop I took my truck to had no problem doing an alignment afterwards.

Reactions: gpking

samuelhalipchak

Original poster
May 11, 2021
Saskachewan
I also have MarkMC's 2.5" lift in the front, for the last 2 years. He's not making them anymore, that's why you can't find them. And yes, you need to flip and swap your UCAs. It will help your UBJs by putting them at less of an extreme angle. The shop I took my truck to had no problem doing an alignment afterwards.
That sucks he’s not making them anymore, but thank you for your help!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Supreme Suspension a copy of Marks lift

You definitely want to flip/swap the UCA. You DEFINITELY need an alignment after lifting and yes if a competent shop does it...you can get in spec.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.