Lift completed today

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Lift was installed, finally!:wootwoot:

Eric (ScarabEpic22) was kind enough to come over today and offer his help (I can't thank him enough) with my SuspensionMaxx 2" lift and Bilstein HD front install. Let me tell you, Eric is a machine, we stated about 11:00ish and completed a bit after 3:00ish, front and rear, and that time included a lunch break; my wife's homemade Chicken Adobo, Pancit, and Lumpia.

Sorry about the Chicken bone Eric!:yikes:

Eric followed me to Les Schwab, dropped it off for alignment and we came home and had brownies and milk. It was a good day:thumbsup:

Before PIC with 245/65/17:
View attachment 19075

After PIC with SupensionMaxx 2'', Bilstein HD front, and new 255/65/17's:
View attachment 19076

And the Master at Work (Eric):
View attachment 19077

Thanks Eric, this was all you my friend. .

Attachments

• DSCN1006.jpg
    DSCN1006.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1007.jpg
    DSCN1007.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN0095.jpg
    DSCN0095.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 37

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Looks good. I always liked TB's lifted and the Voy's dropped.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
barron03 said:

^this

Dang tapatalk not acknowledging the "like" feature....

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
FlyingFischer said:

Haha I second that, But, I have a voy and I am tore between lifted and lowered.......:crazy:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You will notice the air is a bit cleaner up here. Congrats.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Woot, looks great to me!

Jeff had half of the front torn down before I got there (wheels, lower yoke nut, upper shock nuts, and PB Blasted EVERYTHING which helped a TON), so probably another 30-60min of work to make it a full tear down and install. We worked hard on it, sooo nice working on a newer truck that doesnt have rust all over the bolts (cough my 02 cough).

It definitely sits a lot better now, nice and level at 36" front/rear!

Now just get some new rear shocks and its all set! :thumbsup:

So who in the NW is next? Lift/lower, the install process is the same so let me know... :cool:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
So who in the NW is next?

All I'm waiting on is shocks....

Prototype rear caliper brackets for my Sunfire comes first (saturn/neon hybrid). I want my parking brake back after 3 years of trying to get the existing setup to work.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Looking good but quite subtle - which I like. Makes people look and think something is just not the same.

FlyingFischer said:

I find this interesting. I'm going to have to think about this. Maybe even grab some pix of the Envoy and play in photoshop. Believe it or not I don't really have any good pix of the Envoy, something I mean to correct and post here.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Not bad, guys. I've been in so many trailblazer suspensions, I can do I complete lift install in less than 3 hrs all by myself.

This was my 4th time, 3 on my 02 and let me tell you, lots of little changes between it and Jeff's 08. Least all these bolts came off easily, my 02s lower shock mount is permanently attached to the LCA now! (Ive tried 3,5lb sledges, pickle fork, pitman puller, big crowbar, its not ever coming off.)

Pretty sure when I rip the front setup off my SS either this summer or next, shouldnt take more than 1.5-2hrs by myself. Thinking coilovers for some adjustability...:cool:

kardain, if you need a hand let me know. Make sure you have the front shocks at minimum, rears are debatable by the amount of rear lift you're doing. 1" is ok with stock-length shocks, anything more and you need longer shocks.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Thanks, but I'm no stranger to suspension either. Can knock out my cars in a little under 45 minutes total for all 4 corners... which includes tasty beverage break. The TB will be gravy, probably a couple hours tops. There isn't much in the way of rust to hinder.... And I have a few cheater bars if needed.

Z71 + Fox in the rear; 2.5" + bilstein hd up front is the plan. As simple as it gets really.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Looks good Chief! :thumbsup:

So Erik how did you like the food?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Looks great, even with the stock height the 245's seem to just look a bit small. I'm on the fence on some 255/65's since the LTX MS2 isn't offered in the stock size.

Can you post a pic from the front or at a slight angle? I'm curious as to how much your tires hang over the wheels.

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
gmcman said:
Looks great, even with the stock height the 245's seem to just look a bit small. I'm on the fence on some 255/65's since the LTX MS2 isn't offered in the stock size.

Can you post a pic from the front or at a slight angle? I'm curious as to how much your tires hang over the wheels.

Thanks for liking all! Has the look I was hoping for, and ride is fantstic.

The 255/65/17 I put on barely hang over the wheels. I'll get that PIC in a bit.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
The food was delicious, Im a huge fan of Filipino food!

Just a heads up, 255/65R17 is ~30" diameter and the same width/height as stock 255/55R20s on the SS. The backspacing on the rims is different, my SS wheels stick out a lot more than the 16s on the 02 or my 17" winter wheels.

kardain, good luck! Jeff's was easy because its so new, if your 06 has been garaged its whole life it should be pretty easy too. The front takes 80-85% of the work, rear took us about 35min including fighting with the rear wheel speed sensor wires (my 02 doesnt have them so I wasnt watching for them) and then having to swap the spacers from the bottom to the top of the spring (they wouldnt seat properly on the bottom coil). Plan on having extra weight in the rear of your truck if you're using Z71 springs, I know my 02 with stock springs, Pro Comp shocks, and 2" rear spacers rides pretty firm without anything in the trunk.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher