LF Advice: Diablosport intune i3

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

I found a new one for $400CAD (It's usually $400USD) and it comes with one vehicle credit included. Since I'm probably getting a "new" truck (an '08 Avalanche 6.0L) and I have a buddy that also has an Avalanche (a '10 5.3), I could do my own tunes for turning off AFM, torque management, better shifts, etc. I'm not looking at getting absolute max power and their canned tunes would probably work fine for me. Each additional vehicle is $149USD. Unfortunately, it won't work for the TB or even on the Saab despite having an LS engine according to their compatibility list. Both already have a mail order tune from @limequat so I'm not too concerned about them.

Anybody have any experience with these? Normally I'd be shipping them off to Jeremy to tune them for me but with mail being so slow right now and the CAD$ being as low as a peso, it has become expensive. And I'd also have to find spare PCM/TCM's while they're out. Not even sure mail order tunes can be done on the '10 with its 6L80E since the TCM is built-in to the valve body.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I used an old i1000 to tune my Silverado- the canned tunes, even the 87 tune, caused pinging. No idea why. I mainly wanted it to change tire size and disable afm, so no big deal. Maybe the newer ones have better tunes/options. I barely tinkered with the manual adjustments so not much to say there. And the i3 may be a lot different.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online