Lets do a Columbus, OH meet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I asked Sam (BO TIE SS) and he said he's not planning a C-bus meet this year, but others are welcome to get one going, so here's a feeler/planing thread. I'm thinking maybe September 28 or 29, or October 12, 13, 26 or 27 at Quaker Steak and Lube or Tilted Kilt. What do y'all think?

Edit: Please let me know which place/date works better for you. One of the Oct. dates is better for me, and My preference is Tilted Kilt, but I'm open to whatever.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Charley12 said:
I'd Be down for that! Would like to meet some guys on here!

It would be nice to meet more member :thumbsup: I edited the OP asking for preferences.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Dion just messaged me on FB asking for a C-Bus meet...

I'd be down for it, but I'd be in my Grand Prix.. I don't think the dealership will be done with my truck.. 6 month waiting list for another crate LS2... so we're in negotiations to pull the motor and send it to a speed shop for a complete rebuild... turn around time would be cut over half... so we'll see what the shop/dealership says

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Dion just messaged me on FB asking for a C-Bus meet...

I'd be down for it, but I'd be in my Grand Prix.. I don't think the dealership will be done with my truck.. 6 month waiting list for another crate LS2... so we're in negotiations to pull the motor and send it to a speed shop for a complete rebuild... turn around time would be cut over half... so we'll see what the shop/dealership says

I don't care if you ride a tricycle to the meet as long as people come. It would also be nice to see Dion again.

I'm going to leave this thread up until next weekend, then set a time/date/place.

Scott_mcd said:
I would be down. Either place would be ok with me.

Hell ya, now we're gaining speed on this :thumbsup:

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
October would be better for me. No way I could pull the Sept date - evidently we (she?) has plans. LOL

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
October is better for me as well.. I can request the time off and I should have my truck back by then... would be good to break her in after the fresh rebuild...

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Charley12 said:
Sadly none of those dates work! I'm never going to make a meet!!!

That sucks man :hissyfit:

mapanch said:
October would be better for me. No way I could pull the Sept date - evidently we (she?) has plans. LOL

I like the Oct dates also. It'll be good seeing you again, I think the only time I met you was the Canton meet.

Boricua SS said:
October is better for me as well.. I can request the time off and I should have my truck back by then... would be good to break her in after the fresh rebuild...

Nancy needs time to request a day off also, it's to late for her to get a day in Sept.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Short Bus said:
I like the Oct dates also. It'll be good seeing you again, I think the only time I met you was the Canton meet.

Yeah, I think it was just Canton. Things kept coming up when the other meets were put together. Just now starting to get back to normal. My boss was diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer last October . .. got a clean bill of health last week after a follow up PET Scan. Between the chemo, radiation, surgery, recovery and complications, she was out from October until July. So I got to do her job plus my job (all while people were quitting so we were short handed). So a 50 hour week was short. My bank account has been happy though :smile:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I cannot miss a cbus meet since it is practically in my back yard lol. I'd never hear the end of that one!

Either date in October looks good to me at this point.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
mapanch said:
Yeah, I think it was just Canton. Things kept coming up when the other meets were put together. Just now starting to get back to normal. My boss was diagnosed with stage 3 stomach cancer last October . .. got a clean bill of health last week after a follow up PET Scan. Between the chemo, radiation, surgery, recovery and complications, she was out from October until July. So I got to do her job plus my job (all while people were quitting so we were short handed). So a 50 hour week was short. My bank account has been happy though :smile:

I'm glad to hear that your boss is doing better. Going through cancer is a bitch, not only for the person that has it, but anyone close to them.

Sparky said:
I cannot miss a cbus meet since it is practically in my back yard lol. I'd never hear the end of that one!

Either date in October looks good to me at this point.

I was waiting for your reply. WTF took so long LOL. I can't wait to see your headlights.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I can't do a Saturday...have to work. :frown:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I have too much going on right now to plan a meet. But I still might be able to attend one. :biggrin:

Charley12 said:
Sadly none of those dates work! I'm never going to make a meet!!!
There's an easy solution for that...plan your own meet near you on a date that works. One year I got four meets together in different parts of Ohio. I'll bet you could draw some Indiana and Michigan members in for a meet in your part of the state.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
I can't do a Saturday...have to work. :frown:

If Sundays are good for everyone I don't have a problem with that. Can a mod (Sam) add the corresponding Sundays in the OP?

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i can make the drive if we have it on the 12 or 13 other than that we have family coming in on 28 date

and ive already seen sparkys lights and want to steal them :raspberry: jk but they are killer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Black_tb said:
i can make the drive if we have it on the 12 or 13 other than that we have family coming in on 28 date

and ive already seen sparkys lights and want to steal them :raspberry: jk but they are killer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I'll see what I can do

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I was waiting for your reply. WTF took so long LOL. I can't wait to see your headlights.

lol I dont live constantly on the forums :biggrin: I was at a wedding this weekend and have not been online much.

Short Bus said:
If Sundays are good for everyone I don't have a problem with that. Can a mod (Sam) add the corresponding Sundays in the OP?

Sundays are no good for me.

Black_tb said:

Yeah I need to keep a close eye on my truck :squint: :tongue:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Any of the Sundays work for me.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
I can't do a Sunday :sadcry: Either of the Saturdays in October would work. Just need to know the week ahead.

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I'm going to start a poll in another thread for the date. I've ruled out the Sept. dates for to much conflict. The date will be chosen by the results of the poll. I will try to be as fair as possible. If it come down to it, it might just be a flip of a coin.

Here's a link to the poll.

http://gmtnation.com/f48/c-bus-meet-date-poll-8405/

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Woo Hoo 12 or 13 work best for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86