Let me see how you got your GPS mounted....

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I just got a little cheapy TOMTOM yesterday. GO 2535 TM WTE - Car navigation - TomTom

I am looking for a good mount, maybe a vent-mount. I don't do well with suction cups. Post up some pics of how yours are mounted, Thanks :thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Kris, that sounds like a cool place, would definitely love to see pics. :yes:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Jovo said:
Mike Ill take pics of mine tomorrow during the day. But, I have mine on the left side of my cluster, covering my rpm's. I like it bc its not visable from the outside. Nice sleek look and location. Hope this helps!

That's exactly where I have my gps mounted....perfect place to hide the wires if u have it wired to ur bcm. 2 great minds that think alike(well on this subject)

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I typically mount it near the lower left corner of the windshield. Only down side is the passenger can't access it which is sometime convenient when driving.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sorry, I don't have a picture handy. Mine is mounted directly in front of the speedometer. With my larger tires the spedo was off anyway and the GPS gives me accurate speed so it all works out well!

Iahawkeye

Jan 24, 2012
I have mine just to the right of the rear view mirror with the cord (10ft mini usb) run in the head liner, to the passenger side column, and then tucked behind the glove compartment to an adapter in the cig lighter. I love not having to look through any wires, and I don't have any of the important areas of the windshield blocked. Besides, the copilot can make changes if needed. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I decided on the vent mount route for my Garmin. Got it from ProClip, a bit pricey but really sturdy and well built.

IMAG0071.jpg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I just stick mine in the drivers side cup holder. Still gets signal and I just need to hear it...or glance down every now and then.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mine gets suction cupped below the mirror, but it only gets used every once in a wgile so it lives in glovebox most of the time

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I have mine stuck between the rearview mirror and the drivers sun visor. Doesnt block anything and its out of the way.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
thanks for all the feedback and pics so far,

i bought this device that is clips to your vent, and it is a magnet, then you stick the other magnet to the back of your gps. not quite sure i wanna do that. i might get that case that doubles as a mount, the one side has a weight so when you open it up the weighted half is on the bottom, i think it's by Bracketron, you guys seen that one?

i really like how Kris (Jovo) has is.....:undecided:

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
I just put my cheapo android phone on the dash in front of the speedo.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mine goes where CdnGMan has his. Only thing is my suction cup is wearing out after a few years of use and lately has been falling off at random. "Turn left on" <plunk> "recalculating" :hissyfit:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Sparky said:
Mine goes where CdnGMan has his. Only thing is my suction cup is wearing out after a few years of use and lately has been falling off at random. "Turn left on" <plunk> "recalculating" :hissyfit:

:rotfl:

recalculating? I changed my to say, "Hey, where are you going?" using TTSVoiceEditor!

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I ended up mounting mine to the passenger flipdown mirror :thumbsup:
It looks pretty good, and I got a compliment from a buddy that liked it :biggrin::yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online