Left front speaker distortion

Asunder

Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Hey all, another TV refugee here. Thanks to the action-takers for keeping the dark-side at bay for another while. I have a problem that I haven't seen addressed by anyone yet - I get an intermittent distortion from my left front speaker both with the chime and the radio/cd. When it happens, it happens to both chime and radio simultaneously, and the same when it mysteriously vanishes. It can last for days, and I hear a distorted chime and distorted music/talk. It seems to appear more if I let the chime ring for 1-2 minutes (door ajar, driving short distance w/o seatbelt, etc.). Not in the rear speaker - when I fade to rear, it does not come through. And then it fixes itself for a time and all is fine. But it always returns. Anyone have an idea for me? Thanks in advance - I am a great believer in group wisdom and really value our forums (fora?).

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
first thing that comes to mind is a bad connection have you opened your door panel yet for investigation.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Enter and exit out the windows, and always buckle up so you don't activate the chime, and you stop getting the distortion?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Voymom said:
Enter and exit out the windows, and always buckle up so you don't activate the chime, and you stop getting the distortion?

:crackup:, your bad!! :rotfl:

STLtrailbSS said:
first thing that comes to mind is a bad connection have you opened your door panel yet for investigation.

:iagree:, or I would start to chalk it up to an eventually blown speaker.. to confirm either point, I would swap speakers in another door with a known working speaker, and see if the problem persists in the same spot, or follows the original speaker you moved...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online