LED's? HID's? Pulling my hair out!

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I know the look that I like, and the look I would like to accomplish with my truck...but figuring out HOW to get there is becoming my biggest problem. For HID's I need a conversion kit...why? And do I need a separate conversion kit for each side, for fogs, or will one kit be good for ALL my exterior lighting needs? Can I accomplish the same look with LED's and will I need a conversion kit for those too? Or can I just get new high/low and fog LED bulbs? If so...what wattage? The 4th brake light strip, the one that sits on the back bumper...do I get a 60" or do I get a 49" lol I know that needs to be measured for sure...but it says both lights will fit. I want the amber to be gone in my headlights...but can't find anything but stock. I want to black them out like the black altezza tails I am going to order...or wanting to order.

The grille....Do I get an all new grille or an insert? What will the insert look like compared to just a new one. I want it all black btw. Inside dome lights...can I just get LED bulbs? Or do I need maps? The sideview mirror directional light covers...their yellow...I want smoked out ones, can I smoke out the yellows I have now or do I need completely different ones?

See I know what direction I want to go. I just don't know how to get there:frown:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
I know the look that I like, and the look I would like to accomplish with my truck...but figuring out HOW to get there is becoming my biggest problem. For HID's I need a conversion kit...why? And do I need a separate conversion kit for each side, for fogs, or will one kit be good for ALL my exterior lighting needs? Can I accomplish the same look with LED's and will I need a conversion kit for those too? Or can I just get new high/low and fog LED bulbs? If so...what wattage? The 4th brake light strip, the one that sits on the back bumper...do I get a 60" or do I get a 49" lol I know that needs to be measured for sure...but it says both lights will fit. I want the amber to be gone in my headlights...but can't find anything but stock. I want to black them out like the black altezza tails I am going to order...or wanting to order.

The grille....Do I get an all new grille or an insert? What will the insert look like compared to just a new one. I want it all black btw. Inside dome lights...can I just get LED bulbs? Or do I need maps? The sideview mirror directional light covers...their yellow...I want smoked out ones, can I smoke out the yellows I have now or do I need completely different ones?

See I know what direction I want to go. I just don't know how to get there:frown:

Oh young nooblet, we must strengthen your search-fu!! :duh:

Lots of threads on HIDs already, but the quick rundown, you need a conversion kit because they contain all the goodies we need. Bulbs, ballasts and optional but highly recommended relay harnesses for power. You'll need to address the DRLs with either a DRL killer, or the capacitor mod (those search terms will give you all the options you need there) 35W is more than enough, 55W if you wanna be greedy :tongue:

:nono: LEDs won't give you any usable light in the headlights or fogs, would be for looks only. Now, you can put LEDs everywhere else though, ask me how I know... :wink:

Tailgate bar you need is 48"/49" If you want to get the amber out of your headlights, you need to cut them open, or find someone like Smitty who is nice enough to do them for you. (for a small fee of course) There's a How To in the articles section that should help if you wanna get your hands dirty.

Dome lights and map lights are the same thing, lots of posts in the LED mod thread will point you in the right direction. I think there are a few people with the aftermarket grilles and stuff. Haven't seen many posted here, but there are lots on the OS you can look at. Take a look in the Ebay thread, lots of posts there for different LEDs, grilles/inserts and the clear mirror lenses. :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:

Well lets see Ima try to help with what I can, First off your HID's each need a kit and a relay harness. Your low beams need a kit and relay and your highs need one (if you get highs) and your fogs also (if you do fogs). Next DO NOT EVER EVER EVER get LED's for fogs or low beams lol they are cool looking but they suck on light output for distance! Stick to the HID's :yes:

For the Fire and Ice bar (I think that is what your talking about) that you put on the back of your truck, I think that can be cut if too big. The instructions will help with those! If you need help on what LED's to use and how many I just put up what I used etc. http://gmtnation.com/f33/led-mod-thread-944/index5.html #145 is where mine is so that should help.

For the grille do not do a insert, get a whole grille and replace that way. A lot of times a insert looks bad and cheap unless you can do a clean job with it and make it work then go for it. Up to you on that one!

For your side view mirror yellow covers, you can VHT nite shade them or buy a new one that is smoked from eBay

I am not sure If I missed any question, does this help? Let me know if you have any more questions! :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Now, you can put LEDs everywhere else though, ask me how I know... :wink:

:rotfl: I highly recommend not to ask lol :lipsrsealed:

no-money-down.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
:hijack:

:dielaugh: Hey!! What's that supposed to mean? :redface:

Its a simple concept if you replicate shadows led you will be brighter then the sun and out roughly 1.4 Million give or take a grand.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks guys! So now that we covered a few options I feel a little bit better lol. I'm going to go off and do some HID searching...:wootwoot:

As far as LED's inside I just want better light lol nothing that is going to blind everyone in every seat of the truck. I do like the floor lights, but nothing in my color :sadcry:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
STLtrailbSS said:
Its a simple concept if you replicate shadows led you will be brighter then the sun and out roughly 1.4 Million give or take a grand.

:shhh: careful, or you'll scare her away!! :lipsrsealed:

Edit: What's your color?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:

:rotfl: I think the sun gets jealous from time to time :cool: lol

Voymom said:
Thanks guys! So now that we covered a few options I feel a little bit better lol. I'm going to go off and do some HID searching...:wootwoot:

DDMtuning or VVME are good sites for HID's :thumbsup: Just sayin lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:

As far as LED's inside I just want better light lol nothing that is going to blind everyone in every seat of the truck. I do like the floor lights, but nothing in my color :sadcry:

What color are you looking for? I have 4led bulbs in my truck and are perfect amount of light (kind of lol) it wont cause any accidents lol

IMG_0284.jpg

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Well lets see Ima try to help with what I can, First off your HID's each need a kit and a relay harness. Your low beams need a kit and relay and your highs need one (if you get highs) and your fogs also (if you do fogs). Next DO NOT EVER EVER EVER get LED's for fogs or low beams lol they are cool looking but they suck on light output for distance! Stick to the HID's :yes:

For the Fire and Ice bar (I think that is what your talking about) that you put on the back of your truck, I think that can be cut if too big. The instructions will help with those! If you need help on what LED's to use and how many I just put up what I used etc. http://gmtnation.com/f33/led-mod-thread-944/index5.html #145 is where mine is so that should help.

For the grille do not do a insert, get a whole grille and replace that way. A lot of times a insert looks bad and cheap unless you can do a clean job with it and make it work then go for it. Up to you on that one!

For your side view mirror yellow covers, you can VHT nite shade them or buy a new one that is smoked from eBay

I am not sure If I missed any question, does this help? Let me know if you have any more questions! :thumbsup:

Looked at the VHT niteshade spray...They have 2 choices smoked or translucent? UHG!!! I wish there were more pictures. I'm a visual person.

ItsOnVoy said:
What color are you looking for? I have 4led bulbs in my truck and are perfect amount of light (kind of lol) it wont cause any accidents lol

IMG_0284.jpg

Just regular white for the over heads but I want the under dash lights to be green. Yes I know not your cup of tea lol but hey it's my truck :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
Looked at the VHT niteshade spray...They have 2 choices smoked or translucent? UHG!!! I wish there were more pictures. I'm a visual person.

Their 2 choices are black or red spray tint. Both are translucent, of course that depends on how many coats you lay down.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
DDMtuning or VVME are good sites for HID's :thumbsup: Just sayin lol

+1 for VVME.. however, get them on ebay... easier to deal with and less shipping charges.. the sellers we are familiar with are mydepots, sinomedia, and prettyseller i think was the last one... i have personally delt with sinomedia and mydepots.. had my HID's for over a year now...

and im just now rounding out all my LED's, both interior and exterior... you could say Carlton had a hand in itchin that mod bug :crackup:, but those were the days from the OS... since then, this grasshoppa has learned alot!! Carlton is a great teacher!!..

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:

This is how it would look if you buy the peace from eBay and I cannot find just that peace for some reason (if someone else can find it?)
[EBAY]300656356603[/EBAY]

Voymom said:
Just regular white for the over heads but I want the under dash lights to be green. Yes I know not your cup of tea lol but hey it's my truck :biggrin:

Well I have the white bulbs on that link I gave you and I put what I have in my truck and for green hows this? you can do something like these or if you want cheaper you can prob find them less also

[EBAY]150612019854[/EBAY]

Blckshdw said:
Their 2 choices are black or red spray tint. Both are translucent, of course that depends on how many coats you lay down.

:iagree: also how heavy each coat you do lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Boricua SS said:
+1 for VVME.. however, get them on ebay... easier to deal with and less shipping charges.. the sellers we are familiar with are mydepots, sinomedia, and prettyseller i think was the last one... i have personally delt with sinomedia and mydepots.. had my HID's for over a year now...

Got my VVME HIDs for lows and fogs from Sinomedia as well. Had them for about 2 years strong.

Boricua SS said:
and im just now rounding out all my LED's, both interior and exterior... you could say Carlton had a hand in itchin that mod bug :crackup:, but those were the days from the OS... since then, this grasshoppa has learned alot!! Carlton is a great teacher!!..

They don't have a warm-fuzzy-feeling smiley, so this one will have to do :grouphug:

Juan, your check is in the mail buddy :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:

:rotfl::rotfl: He loves to feed that bug!! Seems to have a lot of food for our bugs and then randomly accidently feeds his own bug :crackup::poke: Then he goes and buys more LEDs loll but he is a great teacher I agree :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
ItsOnVoy said:
This is how it would look if you buy the peace from eBay and I cannot find just that peace for some reason (if someone else can find it?)

GMPartsShop has them. Their ads only list like 3 at a time, and when they run out, it takes a day for them to refresh it.

[EBAY]250955700827[/EBAY][EBAY]250955701137[/EBAY]

ItsOnVoy said:
:rotfl::rotfl: He loves to feed that bug!! Seems to have a lot of food for our bugs and then randomly accidently feeds his own bug :crackup::poke: Then he goes and buys more LEDs loll but he is a great teacher I agree :thumbsup:

Thanks Sam. Running out of LED mods to do, but have a couple ideas still. :yes:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Yeah I looked for just the smoked "blinker" cover on ebay too and didn't find any. I would be terrified that I would end up putting TOO much VHT on them and not being able to see out of them at all! I look at some of the users trucks here, and I see that they all or most of everyone has stock headlights but that the black around the sides and no amber...how do I get it like those? I have searched stuff on here and i'm not sure if i'm putting in the correct key words or not, but I don't get a whole heck of a lot. And I think I may be to proud to use the OS for searches lol I would rather google!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
those are the same exact prices for the clear lenses from the dealership as it is on ebay.. so i would save the shipping cost.. at least at the dealerships by me here in Ohio...

also there is a member on tbssowners (greg aka two tons of fun) who sells them as well... for the same price as the dealer...
just food for thought...

i am doing this mod as well... just waiting for the weather to warm up...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
... I see that they all or most of everyone has stock headlights but that the black around the sides and no amber...how do I get it like those?...

Put some painter's tape on the lenses over the high/low beams to mask them off, and then spray the VHT to the whole thing. When you peel off the mask, your headlights will still be clear, but everything else will be tinted. :twocents:

Or you could cut them open, paint the chrome black, and lose the amber reflector...

GMTNation - Adding Clear Corner Lenses to your Headlights

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Or you could cut them open, paint the chrome black, and lose the amber reflector...

GMTNation - Adding Clear Corner Lenses to your Headlights

Why can't anything be easy??? LOL. I wonder how many people used the niteshade over their amber reflectors instead of cutting them out? I will have to pretty much follow the directions though to get the housing out and breaking the seal to use the niteshade right?

This is the look I am going for with the grille and headlights. I hope I don't get into trouble for posting this but this is blkenvoyon22z from the OS. It's his/her 'voy that inspired me for what I would like to do to my truck, or at least close to what I would like to do with the blacked out grille and the lights.

amana_218.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Voymom said:
Why can't anything be easy??? LOL. I wonder how many people used the niteshade over their amber reflectors instead of cutting them out? I will have to pretty much follow the directions though to get the housing out and breaking the seal to use the niteshade right?

Voy owners are lucky, you can just ditch the amber reflector altogether, since you've got a chrome reflector behind it. Us TB owners have a grey plastic plate back there (not sexy at all :no:) If you wanted to, you could Niteshade the chrome reflector, and paint the front chrome part a gloss black, and just have the turn signal bulb uncovered. :undecided:

And maybe throw some LED turn signals in there :lightbulb:

IAFF78

Dec 29, 2011
I dont have as much knowledge as most of the guys that post on here but I went with the DDM tuning HID's for both lows and fogs. I went with the 35watt 4500k's for both. Very brite and awesome color. I have pics and a video posted on my gallery. The DDM's run like 40bucks per set. Happy hunting.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:

This is the look I am going for with the grille and headlights. I hope I don't get into trouble for posting this but this is blkenvoyon22z from the OS. It's his/her 'voy that inspired me for what I would like to do to my truck, or at least close to what I would like to do with the blacked out grille and the lights.

amana_218.jpg

I would SO do that if I had a black truck!! Or maybe I can color match mine instead of black :undecided: But then the turn signals would be not covered, hmmm you feed my bug!! It was doing so good sleeping and you woke it up lol I wish they still sell those covers that person has, would be awesome!

This picture is awesome also because it just gave me a good look at what the truck looks like without the side molding and roof racks but with running boards

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
I would SO do that if I had a black truck!! Or maybe I can color match mine instead of black :undecided: But then the turn signals would be not covered, hmmm you feed my bug!! It was doing so good sleeping and you woke it up lol I wish they still sell those covers that person has, would be awesome!

I'm sorry for waking the bug lol anyways, that is the direction I would like to go with Phantom. But I have never modded anything on a car in my entire life so I have no idea how to do this :no: My husband thinks i've done lost my marbles, he likes the look and supports me...but I think he is just as clueless as I am and with the list getting longer and longer....he looks like he has aged about 20yrs lol

I plan on doing all of it myself, of course if I need some muscle I will have hubby help. I apologize for my noobness a million times over, but just know I appreciate this more than anything!!

I demolded, debadged and took my roof racks off. I plan on buying the running boards from High Voltage next week, so I'm ALMOST there....it's just these damn lights lol

AND...I'm not sure if his/her ride height is stock or if that's lowered with the running boards?? I wish I knew how to contact this person because I would LOVE to pick their brain and picture gallery lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
I'm sorry for waking the bug lol anyways, that is the direction I would like to go with Phantom. But I have never modded anything on a car in my entire life so I have no idea how to do this :no: My husband thinks i've done lost my marbles, he likes the look and supports me...but I think he is just as clueless as I am and with the list getting longer and longer....he looks like he has aged about 20yrs lol

I plan on doing all of it myself, of course if I need some muscle I will have hubby help. I apologize for my noobness a million times over, but just know I appreciate this more than anything!!

This is what were are here for...to help ya out :thumbsup: Well I was on the SAME boat as you before when it comes to mods and I have had my buddy help me with mods like my tint and things like that. Someone like me can only do so much (as a noob I was and still am with somethings) as I keep learning also! for your truck go one step at a time...I recommend starting with lights and going from there. Order some HID's for your low beams first and order some LED's for the inside. Once you get a hang of how LED's look and how they work when putting them in etc then go to the outside and get lights for the outside and keep rollin. Where do you want to start first is the real question?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
This is what were are here for...to help ya out :thumbsup: Well I was on the SAME boat as you before when it comes to mods and I have had my buddy help me with mods like my tint and things like that. Someone like me can only do so much as I keep learning also! for your truck go one step at a time...I recommend starting with lights and going from there. Order some HID's for your low beams first and order some LED's for the inside. Once you get a hang of how LED's look and how they work when putting them in etc then go to the outside and get lights for the outside and keep rollin. Where do you want to start first is the real question?

I some what started lol I demolded, debadged, took my roof racks off and i'm getting running boards. I want to do little things first just because i'm not advanced enough to do the big things yet, and with Phantom being the DD for me and my husband it makes it hard to keep it in the driveway for hours at a time...at least until hubby buys his own car, which he is in the process of doing :crazy:

Now, if I don't to HID's are there any other options sense LED is pretty much out of the question? Like a certain bulb or different watt bulb? I work fiercely by vision, I have to see it to know if it is something I want to do or would like and I don't think there is a single person near me with HID's lol

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
I some what started lol I demolded, debadged, took my roof racks off and i'm getting running boards. I want to do little things first just because i'm not advanced enough to do the big things yet, and with Phantom being the DD for me and my husband it makes it hard to keep it in the driveway for hours at a time...at least until hubby buys his own car, which he is in the process of doing :crazy:

Now, if I don't to HID's are there any other options sense LED is pretty much out of the question? Like a certain bulb or different watt bulb? I work fiercely by vision, I have to see it to know if it is something I want to do or would like and I don't think there is a single person near me with HID's lol

Well if you do not want HID's you can do silverstar bulbs, I had those before my HID's and those are 55W bulbs vs the stockers are 45W. They are brighter then the stock for sure but they burn out quick (mine did in 9months) so try not to run DRL's on those either to save them longer. They cost quite a bit lol

[EBAY]170657185239[/EBAY]

Here is picture of my silverstars when I had them

IMG00115-20091115-1947.jpg

now here are my HID's 6000K and it is a day and night difference between silverstars and HID's so deff worth the extra $10 or so between the two bulbs

2010-09-01_20-22-21_995.jpg

photo121.jpg

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Well if you do not want HID's you can do silverstar bulbs, I had those before my HID's and those are 55W bulbs vs the stockers are 45W. They are brighter then the stock for sure but they burn out quick (mine did in 9months) so try not to run DRL's on those either to save them longer. They cost quite a bit lol

[EBAY]170657185239[/EBAY]

Here is picture of my silverstars when I had them

IMG00115-20091115-1947.jpg

now here are my HID's 6000K and it is a day and night difference between silverstars and HID's so deff worth the extra $10 or so between the two bulbs

2010-09-01_20-22-21_995.jpg

photo121.jpg

Now that last picture...are those your hi or low beams? Also can I just get bulbs for the LED's in the map lights? Or do I need the LED ones that have the festoons?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
Now that last picture...are those your hi or low beams? Also can I just get bulbs for the LED's in the map lights? Or do I need the LED ones that have the festoons?

Those are my low beams with halogen fogs are on also (they do not make a difference, just with side light for me, and the reason for that random yellow spots in the picture lol). Not sure if I understand your question, but all you need is a led bulb and plug it where the stock ones went. Now leds are polarized so that means plug them in one way they wont work, turn them 180 degrees and they will so check them before covering them up etc

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Those are my low beams with halogen fogs are on also (they do not make a difference, just with side light for me, and the reason for that random yellow spots in the picture lol). Not sure if I understand your question, but all you need is a led bulb and plug it where the stock ones went. Now leds are polarized so that means plug them in one way they wont work, turn them 180 degrees and they will so check them before covering them up etc

Wow, those were some pretty freaking bright lights lol. On the LED question I had, I see these flat board loking things with like 12 lights on them? I wasn't sure if I just got a bulb or the thing with 12 little bulbs...

And what do you think about this? I would use them on the tails and maybe cut out the shape I would want for the heads.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Sorry, I dont know how to do the pic link thing for ebay lol :redface:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
Wow, those were some pretty freaking bright lights lol. On the LED question I had, I see these flat board loking things with like 12 lights on them? I wasn't sure if I just got a bulb or the thing with 12 little bulbs...

Yupp those are HID's for you :cool: lol and its up to you if you want those kinds, your talking about these right?

[EBAY]230699592803[/EBAY]

If so I think prob for you no just because your not looking for crazy amount of lights right? I would stick to 4-5smd led per bulb. Those up there will get pretty bright after so many lol Remember, our Envoy has 4 sets of lights (driver, passenger and back right and left) and each set has 2 bulbs. Now lets say 5smd each bulb would be 5smd X 8 bulbs = 40 SMDs on Plus another 5 SMDS under where the drivers feet are AND more LEDs in the trunk area! So yes they will be more then enough :yes: But I do think those 24 LEDs will be perfect for the trunk because I have 8 right now and its just not enough light for me at night. The trunk is bigger you know!

Voymom said:
And what do you think about this? I would use them on the tails and maybe cut out the shape I would want for the heads.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Umm to be honest you do have a good idea going but I would not use those! Just because I personally do not know how great they hold up during weather changing etc. One reason why I did not go that way and used VHT nite-shade instead you know! You can try it and if it starts to peal or what not due to weather changing then you can peal them off if anything.

Voymom said:
Sorry, I dont know how to do the pic link thing for ebay lol :redface:

If you look at the right under the sellers name you will see Item number: 310348160236
so then doing that you get this

[EBAY]310348160236[/EBAY]

:thumbsup:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yupp those are HID's for you :cool: lol and its up to you if you want those kinds, your talking about these right?

[EBAY]230699592803[/EBAY]

If so I think prob for you no just because your not looking for crazy amount of lights right? I would stick to 4-5smd led per bulb. Those up there will get pretty bright after so many lol Remember, our Envoy has 4 sets of lights (driver, passenger and back right and left) and each set has 2 bulbs. Now lets say 5smd each bulb would be 5smd X 8 bulbs = 40 SMDs on Plus another 5 SMDS under where the drivers feet are AND more LEDs in the trunk area! So yes they will be more then enough :yes: But I do think those 24 LEDs will be perfect for the trunk because I have 8 right now and its just not enough light for me at night. The trunk is bigger you know!

Umm to be honest you do have a good idea going but I would not use those! Just because I personally do not know how great they hold up during weather changing etc. One reason why I did not go that way and used VHT nite-shade instead you know! You can try it and if it starts to peal or what not due to weather changing then you can peal them off if anything.

If you look at the right under the sellers name you will see Item number: 310348160236
so then doing that you get this

[EBAY]310348160236[/EBAY]

:thumbsup:

Ahhh! That is pretty nifty lol. And no i'm not looking for a migraine, but I am looking for something brighter than what I have now. I wish the truck was here but hubby has it at work, so it's not like I can go in there and take stuff apart to see what I'm looking at lol.

So this [EBAY]220952508677[/EBAY]

Or this [EBAY]230745193581[/EBAY]

Or are they the same thing?

And I need to order 4? Or just 2 kits?
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Do I get the error eliminator and all that crap too?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
Or this [EBAY]230745193581[/EBAY]

Or are they the same thing?

And I need to order 4? Or just 2 kits?
HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

Do I get the error eliminator and all that crap too?

I would get those LED's and you'll need 12 bulbs for the whole inside plus license plate and do not forget the glove box :cool:

You do not need the error eliminator! All you need is a relay harness (dual in and dual out) and then the specs 9006, which ever color you want and 35W

Well each order you make is a Kit with whatever you asked for, so if you want fogs and low beams then just 2 kits and 2 relay harness is all you order! Now the Fogs are 880 so do not order two 9006 bulbs

edit: That seller is no good for those lights on eBay, look for a top rated seller (saves you a headache a lot of times).

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
So, If I do just my hi and low beams I need 2 kits and 2 harnesses?

I can leave my fogs as halogens...but not sure if I would be able to get the yellow color I want with a halogen bulb. That and I rarely use my fogs as they don't come on automatically, I have to hit a button which is stupid lol.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
So, If I do just my hi and low beams I need 2 kits and 2 harnesses?

I can leave my fogs as halogens...but not sure if I would be able to get the yellow color I want with a halogen bulb. That and I rarely use my fogs as they don't come on automatically, I have to hit a button which is stupid lol.

Yes 2 Kits and 2 Harnesses

You can do highs if you want, I do not recommend them because HID's take about up to 5 seconds to warm up and get full brightness. So when you switch from lows to highs then your lightless till those HID's light up. Plus when you flash those Assholes driving you cannot because they need to warm up haha but if you want HID's for your highs go for it. Just do a quad beam mod. That will keep your low beams on while you flick your highs on so your not lightless at night as they warm up :thumbsup:

Whats the yellow color that you want?

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yes 2 Kits and 2 Harnesses

You can do highs if you want, I do not recommend them because HID's take about up to 5 seconds to warm up and get full brightness. So when you switch from lows to highs then your lightless till those HID's light up. Plus when you flash those Assholes driving you cannot because they need to warm up haha but if you want HID's for your highs go for it. Just do a quad beam mod. That will keep your low beams on while you flick your highs on so your not lightless at night as they warm up :thumbsup:

Whats the yellow color that you want?

I didn't know that about the hi beams...So technically I just need 1 kit then? I don't use my brights very often, just to flash assholes that don't turn their's off lol I like the yellow for some reason, but I don't know how good they will look. I was looking at DDM, and see that they have 2 kits, the slim and the new raptor...I have no idea what the difference is. And the 9006 is bulb type? So I would order the HBA9006? I want to do the 6000k, would my hi beams still be brighter than those or will I need to upgrade to something else?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:
I rarely use my fogs as they don't come on automatically, I have to hit a button which is stupid lol.
I believe there is an article by Regulator on how to do the mod.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
djthumper said:
I believe there is an article by Regulator on how to do the mod.

Dj....after reading this HID/LED thread would you really have the confidence in me to do that mod? LOL. I can barely order HID kits and LED's yet :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online