LED Tail lights

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
So last night i was backing out of my driveway, and wam! my dad has rolled our big recycle bin out to the end of the driveway, and i hit it! this morning i looked, and dang... busted one of my tails, :mad: about quarter size holes in blinker and reverse light area, o well. looks like a good time to upgrade! so ive been looking at all the lights on ebay, and i like a few of them,
Im looking for Led Taillights, i plan to be tinting them, so if any of you can point me in the right direction on some different styles of taillights, the way they light up is what im looking at, and pictures of the ones u have installed are very appreciated! :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Representing the Depo crowd. :thumbsup:

100_0182.jpg

100_0189.jpg

100_0183.jpg

100_0261.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

:offtopic: Might as well get your Avalanche 3rd brake light to go with it... Just sayin... :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
you can hit up Sam (BO TIE SS) he has the Bermuda i think theyre called, led's tails.. or just search bermuda and see what you come up with...

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
you can hit up Sam (BO TIE SS) he has the Bermuda i think theyre called, led's tails.. or just search bermuda and see what you come up with...

i just looked those up, and i hope he got his at a discount! theyre 320$ on ebay, and on a few sites i looked at!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
YOUNG said:
i looked at those! and those are slick correct? they dont have the 3 humps like stock ones doo.
i need to get the avanlanch 3rd brake light, and a fire and ice light bar too!

Yeah, the face on these is flat and smooth, no humps where the stockers have the circles.

Boricua SS said:

I think those ones also go by ICPW as well.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
YOUNG said:
i just looked those up, and i hope he got his at a discount! theyre 320$ on ebay, and on a few sites i looked at!

yea theyre pretty pricey.. but well worth it.. they look bad ass in person..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Boricua SS said:
yea theyre pretty pricey.. but well worth it.. they look bad ass in person..

:iagree: I may swap mine with Sam's when he brings his SS down later this year. :whisptersecret: I hope you guys can keep a secret!!! :whistle:

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Yeah, the face on these is flat and smooth, no humps where the stockers have the circles.

i really like the flat look of them. as i will be tinting them, they would look nice and smooth!

I think those ones also go by ICPW as well.

yeah they go by that, and bermuda.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:iagree: I may swap mine with Sam's when he brings his SS down later this year. :whisptersecret: I hope you guys can keep a secret!!! :whistle:

your :whisptersecret: safe with me my friend :grouphug::rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
If you like the stock look they do make the stockers with LED's for the blubs!

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
What about a set like these?
I've been looking for a set as well for the wifey's TB. These are what we've settled on so far.
Stock looking, but with LED's. :thumbsup:

[EBAY]220934251395[/EBAY]

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Oh, didn't you hear? I'm bringing the 'Hoe again this year. :raspberry:

Okay, J/K. But I'm going to install a special alarm system to my tails! :rotfl:

So, my tails are IPCW.

Before tinting

bch1.jpg

After tinting

IMG_2852.jpg

TT3.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I love the stock taillights I would go with the ones 06envoy pulled up they are sweet. IMO TBs best taillight is stock

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
YOUNG said:
When u hit the brakes do they middle two bars of Leds Light up?
Top two rows are Parking/Brake lights
Bottom two rows are Turn (and 4 way flash)
So, picture 1 is brake lights only. Picture 2 is parking lights and 4 way flashers.

A5.jpg

TT3.jpg

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
YOUNG said:
those are really nice! :biggrin:
Thanks! :thumbsup:

And I apologize to my GMTN family for the decal in picture #1. :redface:

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
I did Altezza tailights smoked with the LED bulbs I think they were some 180 degree smd or something they look fantastic, here is a kinda shitty picture I will upload a better one if your interested View attachment 18001

Attachments

• mallratedchassisflex.jpg
    mallratedchassisflex.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 41

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
06Envoy said:
I've been looking for a set as well for the wifey's TB. These are what we've settled on so far.

That's what I have, except I got the "smoked" ones - really all the smoked did is darken just the reverse lens, which is fine. I was going to tint them but I haven't bothered. They include a load resistor with a connector pre-wired, so no hyperflash :yes:

groundshock said:
Would you be able to do the quad tails with the bermudas or no?

I doubt it :no: I suspect the turn signal section doesn't have the dimmer circuitry that the upper portion has. They designed them for non-modded wiring so it is very unlikely they would spend the money on the components necessary. I know for example mine cannot have quad tails.

How bright are the Bermudas at night? My set are extremely bright, so no excuses if anyone rear ends me! Except someone still almost did a few weeks ago anyway :crazy:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I like these + spider lights

[EBAY]330665239642[/EBAY]

and they come in chrome

[EBAY]260926120959[/EBAY]

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
groundshock said:
Would you be able to do the quad tails with the bermudas or no?
If you can find a high/low intensity LED control module (like what's inside the tails), you could wire it in externally.

Tofer76 said:
wish there was more options for the envoy:frown:
Other than just putting LED bulbs in your factory tails, the only option that I'm aware of is to get a set of Ascender tails and put LED bulbs in them.

YOUNG

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Bub said:
I did Altezza tailights smoked with the LED bulbs I think they were some 180 degree smd or something they look fantastic, here is a kinda shitty picture I will upload a better one if your interested View attachment 2914

yes please post another picture! at night and day time if you could, lit up at night. Those are my second choice! and theyre cheaper than the Depo ones like blckshdw posted :thumbsup:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
I purchased these a few months back. I'm going for the blacked out look on my rig so I wanted to tint them, bought LED so visibility in daylight was better with the tint.

I personally like these ones most because they are the closest looking to stock but are LED. Plus like it was said they have the built in resistors.

I will get some pictures and maybe video tomorrow with the tinted tail lights. I also got the avalanche third brake light and tinted that as well.

06Envoy said:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry about the ridiculously long delay... between school and work I have had no time to breathe. Finally washed up the car and had a chance to get some video and new photos

[video=youtube_share;yMKqeYKLtyE]http://youtu.be/yMKqeYKLtyE[/video]

Pics

Grindley-1080347.jpg

Grindley-1080346.jpg

Grindley-1080345.jpg

Grindley-1080344.jpg

Grindley-1080337.jpg

Turn Signal
Grindley-1080342.jpg

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Short Bus said:
I like these + spider lights ... and they come in chrome

[EBAY]330679892923[/EBAY]
Updated Item#

These get my vote!
I may just buy them for myself, I could put red, amber, and white LEDs bulbs in there easily. :yes:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
DJones said:
Updated Item#

These get my vote!
I may just buy them for myself, I could put red, amber, and white LEDs bulbs in there easily. :yes:

And a update for black also

[EBAY]330679887764[/EBAY]

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:duh: Those are feeding into a mod idea I was kicking around. I hate you guys!! :raspberry:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Blckshdw said:
:duh: Those are feeding into a mod idea I was kicking around. I hate you guys!! :raspberry:

:iagree: To me, it's either those or trying to get the export lamps from the dealer.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
DJones said:
:iagree: To me, it's either those or trying to get the export lamps from the dealer.

The right and left export tails (European) are different :frown:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
DJones said:
If equipped with rear fog. I don't think they all have that option.

If you can get them without the rear fog, I would like a set also.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online